ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By couch_c
#296785 I can't seem the find the wire to tap into, to make my parking lights go off when locking/unlocking, I've tapped into many wires with no luck. I've messed with the polarity fuse in my viper alarm brain also and still can't figure out how to get it working. Any help is appreciated.
By ExCoupe94
#297180 take a look at your fuse panel there are 5 identical plugs lined up right above the fuses it is the second one from the right juat put spade on the end of the wire and it will plug right in! oh yea dont take my word for it double check the wire prior to connection!
By couch_c
#297213 The second to the right? I've tried that but it won't work, and I'm still confused on how the fuse inside the box of the brain is supposed to plug in, not sure if I should leave it out or plug it in, either "+" or "-"
By pyang004
#297513 im looking for this wire too. the diagrams i looked up say its the red with black stripe wire. i tapped into 2 wire with that color and nothing. looking on and around fuse box under the steering wheel.
By 92civic_vx
#297522 i tapped into the wire in the cluster harness, it will blink your parking lights and cluster lights tho. i can verify the color tomorrow but i believe it is red/black wire. it will be the only wire that color in the harness for the cluster.
By pyang004
#297532 please let us know what harness it comes off of. what color plug. tap from closer to the cluster side or to the other side. where ever that is. or even what row and how many pins over from the right/left.

this is bugging me. i found all the other wire no problem and they were mostly covered. i spent forever looking for this one...

thank you very much for your time by the way.
By couch_c
#297553 Yeah I tapped into the red and black also, eventually I tapped into every single red and black wire on my car -_____-
By pyang004
#297662 found it. i must have had a bad connection before. it was a wire i tapped into before.

remove the panel under the steering wheel via the 3 screws. this will make it easy to get to the wire. on my dx sedan it was the green plug on the top of the fuses. its kinda in the middle. from the left i had one 3 prong plug that wasn't there. might be there if you have a ex. then its the next plug over.

if you look at the green plug its the bottom row. theres 2 rows. and then the 2 wire from the right. the wire is red with a black strip running along it. it also has silver rings on it.

to test the wire. take the wire that you are going to tap into it with. expose the end of the wire and twist the loose wires together. then simply push it into the back end of the green plug where the red/black wire goes into. then test it.

i had it on my alarm to flash. press the alarm button and bingo. the lights blinked.
By couch_c
#297668 Sweet, I'll go try that out right now thanks. :thumb:
By couch_c
#297677 Not sure why it isn't working, did you wire the light flash isolation wire also? I only wired the parking light output wire.
By pyang004
#297806 no i didnt have to.

wire was for my alarm to flash my lights. just one wire from the alarm brain to the red/black wire.
By couch_c
pyang004 wrote:no i didnt have to.

wire was for my alarm to flash my lights. just one wire from the alarm brain to the red/black wire.

very odd, how did you hook up the fuse in the control box?
I put my fuse polarity on "+"
By pyang004
#298206 im not sure what you mean. i didnt have to do anything with anything. just matched the wires from the alarm to the ones on the car.

i have a viper 350 2 way.
By couch_c
#298275 I have the 5701 but there's a fuse inside the box and according to the manual you have to choose either (-) or (+) for it to work, not sure why it won't work, I give up , I'll take it to the shop someday haha