ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By live2crawl
#295482 hey all so one night went to turn on my light and realezed my drls didnt work
where to start researched and came across bad solder on drl box? and something with relay.

where do i find his drl box and relay?
By asianrob
#295489 where are you from?

if your fron canada any slave should have them

if your from the USA we didnt have those.

if your from anywhere else in the world its wired in to the chassis harness.
By live2crawl
#295519 yeah canada what you mean slave?
By asianrob
live2crawl wrote:yeah canada what you mean slave?

it was suppose mean salvage lol mybad.

yea any salvage yard that has a 92-95 civic should have them. if they havent got taken out yet.

i think integra's and maybe the 88-91's should work too. im not too sure about that. but i do know they have them too.
By live2crawl
#295686 ahh ok sorry for the noobness but electrical is not me! lol what do i grab from salvage yard?
By Whodini187
#295694 I have a question since ya'll are talking about it. I have a 92 si, how would I go about wiring my car so that I could have drl's also. What all do I have to get and what do I need to do. I can do the work whatever it is 100%. I just don't know what all I need and exactly how to go about it?? Sorry to jump in but I'd love to do that, as a daily driver I think that would be an awesome mod. Thanks guys.
By asianrob
live2crawl wrote:ahh ok sorry for the noobness but electrical is not me! lol what do i grab from salvage yard?

id probably get the resistor box and the relay if it had a relay most likely.

Whodini187 wrote:I have a question since ya'll are talking about it. I have a 92 si, how would I go about wiring my car so that I could have drl's also. What all do I have to get and what do I need to do. I can do the work whatever it is 100%. I just don't know what all I need and exactly how to go about it?? Sorry to jump in but I'd love to do that, as a daily driver I think that would be an awesome mod. Thanks guys.

this guy made a DIY for what your asking for hope that helps!
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10513
By Whodini187
#295830 Thanks for the point in that direction, asianrob, I def. appreciate it. I was more trying to find out; if other countries offered drl's in a civic. What and how do I make my usdm have drl's? Anyone know what these other civics edm, jdm whatever, had different that allowed them to have drl's? Like the DIY shows, you can cut and put in a light and wire it up yeah. But nowhere near as cool, imo, as wiring up actual drl's as if they came stock on a usdm eg. Thanks guys.
By live2crawl
asianrob wrote:
live2crawl wrote:ahh ok sorry for the noobness but electrical is not me! lol what do i grab from salvage yard?

Whodini187 wrote:I have a question since ya'll are talking about it. I have a 92 si, how would I go about wiring my car so that I could have drl's also. What all do I have to get and what do I need to do. I can do the work whatever it is 100%. I just don't know what all I need and exactly how to go about it?? Sorry to jump in but I'd love to do that, as a daily driver I think that would be an awesome mod. Thanks guys.

still beyond llost LOL :(
By asianrob
live2crawl wrote:
asianrob wrote:

still beyond llost LOL :(

theres a box that looks like like a resistor box near the firewall (i think) ill try to find a picture of it. but id get that. and see how that goes

Whodini187 wrote:Thanks for the point in that direction, asianrob, I def. appreciate it. I was more trying to find out; if other countries offered drl's in a civic. What and how do I make my usdm have drl's? Anyone know what these other civics edm, jdm whatever, had different that allowed them to have drl's? Like the DIY shows, you can cut and put in a light and wire it up yeah. But nowhere near as cool, imo, as wiring up actual drl's as if they came stock on a usdm eg. Thanks guys.

as far as that goes thats pretty much how the "courtesy lights" are they are wired in to the parking lights. so when you turn on your parking lights those lights come one. in Japan and other said countries. are like that, but the only difference is their corner lights dont come on at all. just only signal with the turn signal and thats all. you can go out and get the JDM /EDM headlights. but for that courtesy light to work, you'll have to get the sockey and plug from honda ( SR3 part number and about 10 bucks a side.) and then you'll have to wire it in like in the DIY above.

so really only Canada has DRL's which were required on those cars. and that seems like a pain to wire up
By live2crawl
#295947 pic would be amazing sorry and thank you soooo much!
By asianrob
#295958 anytime! hope this article helps you out. it shows the module and what not on 92 LX but should be the same for your car.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2536258
By live2crawl
#295976 beauty thank you soo much man for takin the time! so it looks [
pretty simple. but i dont know what test there talking about? sould i just take out the unit and put in new one and hope for the best?
can i make it just a plug and play? hope i dont set off any codes on the cluster lol[/img]
By asianrob
live2crawl wrote:beauty thank you soo much man for takin the time! so it looks [
pretty simple. but i dont know what test there talking about? sould i just take out the unit and put in new one and hope for the best?
can i make it just a plug and play? hope i dont set off any codes on the cluster lol[/img]

i think the test is just to see if it is in working condition.

id just swap out the module and see that was the problem.
you can always use a multimeter to test and dead connections and what not.