ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Ahkten
#294888 first off, im not sure if im posting this in the right section, so im sorry!

My car isnt starting on the first turn of the key. It sounds like its going to start, then just dies. It takes two tries for it to finally catch. could it be my battery? or starter? or anything else that comes to mind?

thanks guys!

nick
By ExCoupe94
#295300 could be a lot of things.. to me it sounds like the motor is turning over so the starter should be fine however... key position 2 should illuminate the check engine oil and battery light in the cluster are these lights consistently on in the # 2 position coming from 1 and 3? if not the your ignition switch could use dissection and cleaning.
By Datsmart
#295327 Try turning the key just enough to let the fuel pump build up full fuel pressure.
When the pump stops, then start the car.

If it still dies, then it is not a fuel problem.
By moykaz
#305508 check the main relay
By brandoff88
#305551 i had a simallar problem with my acura legend, but this was due to a coil wire coming into the cap being just short enough when the motor vibrated it would loosen itself and cause the car to cut out and die then not want to start...id double check your cap and wires to make sure, just thought i would chime in good luck with your issue and let us know what it is when your done
By bsnizzle
#305552 i agree with moykaz, that relay is notorious for not primming the pump on start up.