ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 93eghatchy
#294259 I just put the whole wire harness in my cabin, except the back harness. Now my brake light fuse is blowing them as soon as thier put them in. I know there is a couple of wires that are diff from the brake light harness on a coupe and hatch. Some people are telling me I just have to run a couple more wires, some people say I have to take out a couple, and then others are saying just get the coupe back harness. Has anyone done this swap before if so could you give me a link or just tell me what works. I would usually just keep on with the trail and error but I really need my car back on the road asap.
By asianrob
#294296 i would get a diagram and see if there is any difference at all. is is grounded properly in the back?
By 93eghatchy
#294339 Yeah I have it all grounded the way it was. I have been looking through wiring diagrams and I do see some diff but Im thinking thats just cuz the rear wiper. Would really just like to find the pin out so I could rewire it myself.

Just an update I got everything working, went to the junk yard and got a rear wire harness from an ex coupe had to splice and solder defroster and rear speaker wires to make them longer so when I get the Gathers rear speakers they will hook right in. And since I have the rear wiper delete and don't use it anyway not having it wasn't a big lose even got the third brake light working so everything worked out in the end. Now I just have to finish the engine bay wire harness and I will have a complete tuck from headlights to tail lights. Im taking pics as I go and within a few months will put the complete build up.
Last edited by 93eghatchy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By slowj1
#294354 Sounds like you have a short on the power wire of the light....you have to find the wire that is shorting to the body somewhere or its just going to keep blowing the fuse.