ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By jeron_imo31
#294224 So i had a 94 dx hatch started out as an auto but converted to a b18 5 speed. Car was alot of fun until one day someone wanted it more than me. It was stolen and stripped big time. Instead of unplugging the ecu they cut the wires about 6" from the ecu. So a buddy had a totaled integra that i got the b18 out of so i cut his harness in hopes of adapting it to mine and plugging the ecu in and be done. not the case, some of the integra harness colors match up to the civic colors but have different functions. and some of the colors arent even close, I am totally stuck. i looked up some 0bd1 ecu pinouts/wire color charts and thats what got me stuck, so im wondering if i find another civic dx harness and cut it will that solve my problems as far as all of the colors matching?
By asianrob
#294245 i think it would be less of a headache just to replace the whole harness rather than just solder another connection on. what year integra did your friend have? if its 94-95 it should theoretically be the same coloured wires the ecu reads through the same wires and sensors.

and yea you can but it just seems less of a headache to just replace the whole harness so later down the road there wouldnt be any problems.
By jeron_imo31
#294301 The integra is also a 94, thats what i thought too 94 integra-94 civic perfect not the case. and replacing the whole harness was a thought too but it looks like all of the wires from different spots under the dash tie into the engine harness and when it goes out under the hood there is some wiring for the headlight and signal that comes outa the harness too. I wish it was simple like my ek and its 1 piece harness...If anyone has replaced the harness from the ecu to the strut tower and has any tips and pointers i would appreciate it a ton...
By 93eghatchy
#295680 I would just change the whole harness, I just got finished putting an ex coupe harness in my DX I had to change every wire from the tail lights to head lights cuz if you don't there is probems with the tail light harness I also wen't ahead and did the full wire tuck wasn't as hard as I thought and it was my first time messing with any of the wires there is plenty of forums you can find helping if you want me to point you to some I could look through and find the ones that helped me, now I have power windows and mirrors with the tweeters in the panels and none of the wires are hacked up like the owner before me had them and I have peace of mind knowing I can trust my work and I couldnt be happier.
By asianrob
#295687 ^ should have done a DIY i know its not to hard to do ive consider this before when i had my hatch