ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Spunky69
#293464 Hi, i have a stock ukdm ecu and it limits at 6500 rpm. i was wondering is it safe to put a jap ecu or an aftermarket ecu with a limit of 7500, would it do any damage to the engine also would i have to do any mods to the engine.
thanks for any help :)
Last edited by Spunky69 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#293498 what motor/trans and mods do you have now?
By Spunky69
EH2_andy wrote:what motor/trans and mods do you have now?

d15b7 manual.. no mods except a slug (whale penis what ever floats your boat :L) air intake no other engine mods really
By Eg6H2D
Spunky69 wrote:

d15b7 manual.. no mods except a slug (whale penis what ever floats your boat :L) air intake no other engine mods really

Nope with a stock b7 you level it where it is. it wont make power there after. You only raise your rev limit, if your supposrting mods hold up and your car is making more power after the Stock limit. other then that you leave it alone.
All you will do is stress the OEM parts and your engine will go BOOM!

:thumb:
By Spunky69
EG6b20R wrote:
Spunky69 wrote:

Nope with a stock b7 you level it where it is. it wont make power there after. You only raise your rev limit, if your supposrting mods hold up and your car is making more power after the Stock limit. other then that you leave it alone.

so your saying that a new ecu wont do jack basically? I thought jap ecu's produce more power? :?
By Eg6H2D
Spunky69 wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:
Spunky69 wrote:

so your saying that a new ecu wont do jack basically? I thought jap ecu's produce more power? :?

It will do something but not much. You have a B7. You can make your b7 perform better with supporting mods. but no going past rev limit wont do Jack. Keep in mind ECU's are engine specific. Meaning the engines the ecu came from had the supporting mods to do such.
By Spunky69
EG6b20R wrote:
Spunky69 wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:
Spunky69 wrote:

It will do something but not much. You have a B7. You can make your b7 perform better with supporting mods. but no going past rev limit wont do Jack. Keep in mind ECU's are engine specific. Meaning the engines the ecu came from had the supporting mods to do such.

ahhhhh i see :D thanks alot man. i understand completely. :woot: