ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By turbosedan717
#292139 so last night(along with the past 3 nights) i was in the garage until about 4 a.m. completely redoing my wire tuck. resoldering every single connection and rerouting all the wiring so i KNOW everything is good. and once i get everything back together it hasn't solved a single issue. i still have one highbeam, one lowbeam, no horn, no wipers, corner lights flicker when you touch them and oh yeah the engine doesn't run!! :x :x it just cranks and sputters. i've literally tried every single thing for this car and nothing works. i've tried two distributors, ones brand new. i've tried two underdash fuse boxes and i'm fresh out of ideas. ANYONE who can help me here please do! i miss my honda :(
By drivehrideh
turbosedan717 wrote:so last night(along with the past 3 nights) i was in the garage until about 4 a.m. completely redoing my wire tuck. resoldering every single connection and rerouting all the wiring so i KNOW everything is good. and once i get everything back together it hasn't solved a single issue. i still have one highbeam, one lowbeam, no horn, no wipers, corner lights flicker when you touch them and oh yeah the engine doesn't run!! :x :x it just cranks and sputters. i've literally tried every single thing for this car and nothing works. i've tried two distributors, ones brand new. i've tried two underdash fuse boxes and i'm fresh out of ideas. ANYONE who can help me here please do! i miss my honda :(

Have you checked all your fuses to make sure there all good.. make sure all relays are working.
By bks84
#292258 lol, looks like you dont know everything is good.

do you have the TPS and MAP sensors switched? unplug both sensors and see if it fires up.

as for your headlights and all that, thats all in your wiring. trace all your wires.

cool thing about the EG drvier side harness is it can be unplugged and removed completely. if you've butchered it up, go to the junkyard and snag another. same can not be said for the passenger side, for that you will have to diagnose the issue.
By turbosedan717
#292506 alright so i've checked all my fuses and relays, all good. tried switching the tps and map, that didn't change anything. and the only reason i say its not the wiring is because i spent so much time doing it right this time (driverside harness for example) Image i made sure every wire was good and i hooked everything back up right. ive redone literally EVERYthing to this car and nothing works. i took a video of me cranking it because it makes a sound i haven't heard before if anyone could help diagnose it that way. once i figure out how to post it up on the web i'll link it.
By drivehrideh
#292548 From what you could here of thevideo soundslike its in the timing I'd say its in the distributor. Did you have your plugs off if so.make sure there.in the right fire order
By bks84
#292578 i think he may be correct. sounds like your timing is off or you have the firing order wrong.
By turbosedan717
#292595 well i've thought these things also my friends haha but i pulled the engine last time just to reset the timing,i've tried two distributors and i got the firing order off of the Alldata program so its right for sure. believe me if this is something simple that i messed up its not going to be found easy. i've been diagnosing this car for over a year now...:thumbdown:
By Apexracing
#292597 Ok are you sure you have the correct ecu? and the harness to the ecu is good. also change the main relay out, never hurts. Also which gsr motor are you running obd1 or obd2
By bks84
turbosedan717 wrote:well i've thought these things also my friends haha but i pulled the engine last time just to reset the timing,i've tried two distributors and i got the firing order off of the Alldata program so its right for sure. believe me if this is something simple that i messed up its not going to be found easy. i've been diagnosing this car for over a year now...:thumbdown:

post up the order which you have the plug wires.
By bks84
#292636 your engine. post your engine.
By RL-521
bks84 wrote:your engine. post your engine.

:lol:
By bks84
#292650 hey, you got it right. good job.

idk, id try some better quality wires and go from there.