ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By turbosedan717
#293322 okay so little updates, there was a brown wire that was factory spliced into my main wires for my distributor that had a smalll gash in it with corrosion inside so i cut that out and resoldered it. now this seems like it could be a pretty serious problem other than it was a very small gash so i'll see if that does anything. and also can anyone elaborate how the gsr map sensor is wired up to a 92 shell that came with a firewall mounted map? my engine harness has a map sensor but yet my actual wires from the ecu for the map sensor are going to the empty plug for the factory one! and whenever i was testing my map sensor with everthing hooked up i couldn't get any voltage at the sensor in the engine harness.
By turbosedan717
#293945 so i got the wiring for the map figured out now but still not starting. can anyone hook me up with a vacuum diagram for how the lines should be ran without a charcoal canister? i have pcv hooked to IM, FPR hooked to IM but idk where the lines for the map and that little tab on the back of the IM go.
By bks84
#293962 you can tee the FPR and run the line to your MAP.
By Ajax1989
#293992 just "T" into one of your vaccum lines
By turbosedan717
#294611 okay so i've got the right plug in the map sensor i have the vacuum line for the map t'd into the FPR line. but this made no effect on the starting :thumbdown:
By eg-guy
#294614 I watched your video. Manually check the order of your wires(DO NOT GO BY THE DIAGRAM). It seem to be firing out of order. Please do this before you ask any more questions.

eg-guy wrote:That could still be the wrong order. I had this problem not to long ago, having the wires in the wrong order. I used the diagram for the d15b7 and it was wrong for my car, my # 1 was where two on the diagram was supposed to be.

EDIT: it's back firing out of your intake because your plugs wires are most likely WRONG.

put your number one cylinder at top dead center, remove your distruibuter cap and see where the rotor is pointing. If you've located TDC on the #1 cylinder correctly, you'll be able to tell for sure if the plug wires are right or wrong.
By bks84
#294711 You may have already sad, but have you checked mechanical timing?
By turbosedan717
#294879 okay so i took your advice and set it to tdc and checked the rotor, and i'm pretty sure the order was wrong so thank you! and when i did this it fired up but ran like shit (missing,loping, ect.) so i shut it off and tried again. what do you know it went right back to just cranking and popping and won't start again! as for the mechanical timing i set it while the engine was out last time so i could pull off the whole cover and set the belt perfectly. i won't say it CANT be that but i'm 99% sure i did it right. somebody please just tell me whats wrong with this car haha i've fixed 101 problems on it and none of them have made a difference at all! :x
By bks84
#294892 What's it going to hurt to check? We've been down that road where you've said youre right and you weren't...

If mechanical timing isn't correct, then of course it'll appear the firing order was incorrect.

Check the dang belt...