ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By teal_dx
#290314 I'm looking at getting an OBD2 1996 integra (OBD2a to be exact).
I am going to have a fresh built boosted D16z6 & S300 P28 available and want to know what it will take to put this in a 96 integra.

- OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness, of course

- Now, do I use the engine harness from the '96 motor or from the OBD1 D16z6? (Not sure if an OBD1 engine harness will plug into the shock tower plugs on an obd2 car - I wouldn't think so)

- So assuming I'm using the OBD2a engine harness, I know I'll have some extra plugs (secondary o2, CKF...)

- I'll need a OBD2a to OBD1 distributor harness

- The D16z6 has DSM 450cc injectors which use an OBD1 injector clip. I'll need to hardwire OBD1 injector clips in place of the OBD2 ones on the 96 engine harness, right?

I have an idea of everything else, mounts, axles, linkage... just want to be sure about the wiring :thumb:
By d-mon
teal_dx wrote:I'm looking at getting an OBD2 1996 integra (OBD2a to be exact).
I am going to have a fresh built boosted D16z6 & S300 P28 available and want to know what it will take to put this in a 96 integra.

- OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness, of course

- Now, do I use the engine harness from the '96 motor or from the OBD1 D16z6? (Not sure if an OBD1 engine harness will plug into the shock tower plugs on an obd2 car - I wouldn't think so)

i have heard you can for integras and del sols, just not civics (because the harness goes through the firewall). but i have not tried..

teal_dx wrote:- So assuming I'm using the OBD2a engine harness, I know I'll have some extra plugs (secondary o2, CKF...)

- I'll need a OBD2a to OBD1 distributor harness

- The D16z6 has DSM 450cc injectors which use an OBD1 injector clip. I'll need to hardwire OBD1 injector clips in place of the OBD2 ones on the 96 engine harness, right?

yes for dsm or just about any injectors that is NOT obd2 honda
By chrono404
#290352 The way I would do it put the obd2 harness in the bay and put that onto the d16. You will need to extend o2 sensor wires. If it was an LS you will also need to wire in VTEC.

Just put the obd2 injectors(or put move the obd1 clips onto your obd2 harness), and obd2 alternator on the d16.

I would recommend taking the electronics of your obd2 ls dizzy and put them into the d16 dizzy to make your d16 obd2.

As for your ecu, use the obd2a-obd1 ecu jumper harness.

I did this in reverse for putting my b20 into my Delsol.