ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By jessicaxdamiano
#289883 Hi, I am having troubles with my sedan.
Recently noticed the battery light flickering while driving, but it wasn't doing any harm.

A few days ago, I put my car in reverse and all my cluster gauges, rpm, temp, ect stopped working.. And also the blinkers and clock stopped working.

So I started taking everything out, and realized the main underdash ground wire was disconnected from the harness itself, but was still connected to the little tab where it grounds out. ALSO when I turn the key, it instantly blows the back up light fuse in the fuse box under the dash.

I have no idea what the problem is, looked all over online and it seems to be a common issue with no real answer.

Some questions I would like help with also are, where do I reconnect the wire to? I can upload pictures in a bit. And could it be the fuse box?

thanks for the help
By jessicaxdamiano
#289885 Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the ground wire that disconnected and the mess I made taking the loom off. I could not find another wire that matched it, it is black with 2 silver dots.

Note,recently disconnected reverse light from transmission, cluster now works, but no blinkers.
By Apexracing
#289900 Have you checked the hazard fuse? if the hazards dont work the signals wont either. Also i see two black silver stripped wires in that picture or is it the same wire. also it look like that ground is bare up by that screw. could possibly be shorting out.
By jessicaxdamiano
Apexracing wrote:Have you checked the hazard fuse? if the hazards dont work the signals wont either. Also i see two black silver stripped wires in that picture or is it the same wire. also it look like that ground is bare up by that screw. could possibly be shorting out.

Mug boyfriend and I were trying to find where the ground goes on the harness but cannot seem to find it also my hazards work fine just no blinkers and I have no idea where that wire needs to ground out to on the underdash harness it's still connected to thR grounding spot just not to the harness.