ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#289762 ok...so as the subject states...ive searched on here alllllllllll night for about 2 hours strait now....and found nothing what i was looking for.....and now im tired and cranky like a child :x ....but to get back on track here.....i want to relocate my battery to the trunk...but what i dont know...and i feel is veeery important...do i need some type of fuse or some sort??? i looked at a couple relocation kits but none have a fuse.....just getting thicker wire is ok???? from my experience..no fuse on a wire this long is potentially dangerous.........or if any one else has better luck if some one can find a DIY of some sort i would greatly appreciate it :thumb: :thumb:
By Ecc0
#289763 I would go the better safe than sorry route and add a fuse as close to the batter as you can.

Though some people don't add a fuse it can save you allot of problems and money in the long run.

Are you using the standard battery or planning on using a light weight alternative??? If your going the light weight route I reccomend the Odyssey Dry cell and Pword JDM cage I have this and love it.

Think there is a pic of it installed in my build thread though mine is behind the passenger seat.
By Apexracing
#289801 use a pretty damn thick set of wires too, 1-2gauge for the distance. run two separate wires one to the starter and one to the fuse box under the hood.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#289834 if i get a sealed box does it matter what kind of battery i get??...sealed or not??

i should use 2ga wire?? i thought 4ga was ok..i have plenty of that laying around...and should i fuse the starter wire??? if i remember correctly (cuz i was sooo tired last night) i saw a thread that said not to fuse the starter wire

sorrry for all the questions...all the tings i searched up were all kinda vague on the actual install...most of the tings i found by searching was where people should put it..not how to actually wire it up

thanks for all the quick replies :thumb: :thumb:
By Apexracing
#289836 i would use 2 gage. and a sealed battery just to be safe.
By ExCoupe94
#290528 0guage to a distribution block feeding 4guage to the starter and the main fuse panel use a circuit breaker at the battery that way on the off chance u blow a fuse u don't get effed in the a.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#290553 I did a relocate on my Evo. with no fuse, NEVER had a problem.
It wont anything as you will run the positive into the positive wire in the front and that alread has a fuse. multipal fuses.

Autozone/Checker/NAPPA all carry battery relcoation kits and there all really good.
But what I do suggest if you live in a colder state, is you insulate the battery in the trunk cuz it has alot less stuff back there and it gets super cold and if your battery does not have enough CCA it will not start the car.

just a bit food for thought.
By ExCoupe94
#290558 use circuit protection. that way if your super thick power wire decides to short out your car doesn't catch fire. food for thought.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#290741 sounds good..i like everyones inputs..i think i will do a little of everyones :thumb: :thumb:
By Apexracing
ExCoupe94 wrote:use circuit protection. that way if your super thick power wire decides to short out your car doesn't catch fire. food for thought.

Not a fan of a distribution block. and 4 gauge wire is a little light for a starter, covering that distance. In my training the less connections the better.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#290893 so no distribution block??....so should i run 2 separate 2g wire...or 1 4g for the fuse panel and 2g for the starter??
By ExCoupe94
#291044 4g too small? maybe all the way from the trunk but off of a distribution block under the hood its plenty thick the required gauge is relative to the distance traveled. in my opinion there is no point in running a dedicated wire for your starter as it would be exactly the same just more work and more wire.