ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ccornewell
#287908 I pulled my dash off today to find my dash light problem, i found 2 eye loops attached to the dash, one on the drivers side and one in the middle cut with no wires going to them. i also found the ground unhooked from behind the cluster. does anyone know where the cut loops would go???
By ccornewell
#287940 Ok, one of the grounds went to the srs system that the po removed. the other, im still not sure about. I metered the grounds in the cluster and also checked the hots. everything shows good but i still dont have dash lights and now my heat isnt working! both sides of the dash switch have 14v and the center wire has ground continuity. does anyone have any ideas? I tried jumping the red and red/black and i still get nothing.
By ccornewell
#287987 for anyone who runs across this thread on google, the red/black wire has nothing to do with the interior lights working. it illuminates the dimmer switch just like all of the bulbs in the dash. the dimmer works by grounding the red wire. now i just have to figure out which door isnt opening on my heat system since my heater core is getting hot.
By suspendedHatch
#287990 Sorry, I didn't get to this in time to be of any help, but I will add info for the benefit of those who search the archives.

The red/blk is parking lights and the source of power for your cluster lights. The dimmer switch works by adding resistance to the ground (it's inline between the red and black). The more resistance, the dimmer the light. You can bypass it by grounding the red wire (loop it to black). Dimmer switch is a common failure, as are potentiometers in general.

This is not a proper fix and I'm not a fan of rigging stuff up, but it can be done quickly and cheaply. I've done it for many grateful strangers (friend of friend type situations). On my personal cars including my Integra, I get the block-off plate for it and toss the faulty switch. But if you care about dimming your cluster lights, Civics and Integras are common enough now in the junkyards for you never to need to buy the dimmer switch new.