ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EJ1_MK
#287661 There are six bulbs in brown sockets on the back of the cluster, you will just need to take the screws out of the trim piece and don't forget about the Hazard switch and pull the cluster out and replace the bulb. The are 74 bulbs you can get at any auto parts store or look at LED and order some I suggest replacing them all while you have it out. It happens to all of cluster and climate control units after awhile pretty normal. I not sure there is a diy but I might write one up tomorrow and show how to do the climate control and the cluster.
By 92civic_vx
#287663 dimmer switches are known to go out on our civics. next time the lights go out tap on the dimmer switch and see if they come back on. i bypassed my dimmer to keep the lights from going out.
By rated-EG
#287667 :wink:
Last edited by rated-EG on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatch-O-Doom
EJ1_MK wrote:There are six bulbs in brown sockets on the back of the cluster, you will just need to take the screws out of the trim piece and don't forget about the Hazard switch and pull the cluster out and replace the bulb. The are 74 bulbs you can get at any auto parts store or look at LED and order some I suggest replacing them all while you have it out. It happens to all of cluster and climate control units after awhile pretty normal. I not sure there is a diy but I might write one up tomorrow and show how to do the climate control and the cluster.

I would love one of these... as I have no idea how to get the climat controll out and my lights there dont work, and I have to kinda guess what I am pushing :(

also a little off topic. speedos go out often?
By rated-EG
#287669 :shock:
Last edited by rated-EG on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By suspendedHatch
#287991 Pull out the dimmer switch, unplug it, and jam a paper clip between the red and black wires. NOT THE RED/BLK wire. If that fixes it, permanently loop the red and black or get a new dimmer.

If you manage to blow your parking lights by grounding the red/black and not following directions (it has happened to me lol), replace the under-dash fuse.