ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Animal78
#287238 OK I got a weird one. I get code 41 for the primary o2 heater. But the car only has a one wire o2 sensor.

Some background on the car. Obd1 p06 ecu d15b7 engine. Car is a 93 civic dx eg6. I looked around to see if the sensor was hooked up wrong but it all looks right. Any ideas?
By d-mon
#287259 a p06 wants a 4 wire o2 sensor. are you using a dx harness? it should be 4 wire also
By Animal78
#287263 That's what I figured. If i remember correctly one wire o2 is for obd0

It doesn't have a swap in it I will have to trace back the harness if someone has a wiring diagram for both the ecu connectors and pin out and the engine bay that would be awesome.
By Animal78
#287264 Definatly doesn't have the 4 wires for the o2 sensor. Could I swap in a obd0 ecu that might be easier than replacing the wiring harness.
By asianrob
#287292 do you have a DX Or do you have a CX? CX's have 1 wire o2's..
By Animal78
#287294 Verified by vin dx. I will check again but even if that's the case why would I get the code even though the car is not equipped with heated o2 sensor. I figure either the Ecu was changed or the harness.
By d-mon
#287378 p06 ecu = 92-95 dx
thats why i asked about your harness
By Animal78
#287392 Yeah maybe the harness would have been changed I guess I can look for the right one. Then compare them. Try to go hunting at pick a part. Find a dx and check it out.
By d-mon
#287541 dx harnesses are usuall pretty cheap.
i hate wiring, but you can modify your harness for the 4-wire o2.
By Animal78
#287572 I don't mind wiring I just need the diagrams so I can do the job. If you know where I can find them please post a link.
By Animal78
#287633 Just so I have this right. D14 is the signal wire and the A6 is for the heater. You think it matters where I ground them. I was thinking it would be easiest to ground them somewhere on the engine nearby. Also going to verify the color outside for the signal wire is the same inside for the signal connection. That would level me only having to run one wire inside to the ecu. Thanks for your help.