ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287039 I have a Buddy Club controller and when v-tec hits after about a min or so the CEL comes through. I was thinking it is just a bogus code because of it staying in v-tec longer and the more fuel the car is getting. I cleaned the O-2 to see if that would stop it but no luck there. Just want to know if it is something to really worry about. :?
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287046 Naw not yet.. But i think its an O-2 code because of the more fuel rushing in and not getting blown up.. I will and see what it gives....
By Ecc0
#287069 Until you check the cel code your shooting at thin air and your guess is as good as any.

Honda designed our engine to be very specific for fueling cam control and vtec crossover so when you start making changes to that you start messing with a number of different sensors and paramitors with the engine and it's ecu so could be ficv oil pressure vtec solenoid O2 sensor or something else
By EJ1_MK
#287071 Three things have to be in play for V-tec to work properly, correct engine temp, oil pressure and the rpm has to be at the pre determined change point. Now you can lower the cross over with out disrupting the other two. Now when the O2 sensor goes out on and OBD1 car it needs to be replaced period, now my wonder is why is it only showing up after it crosses over. Now if the car is loading up on fuel during v-tec it could cause the out of the sensors parameters then you get the code showing that it is going bad.

And you are sure that it is an O2 sensor.
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287089 Im not sure its the o-2 I was going of hear say with that, because of the more fuel getting pump in and the extra fumes running out the back, so thats where i am with that. Plus one day I was on the highway and had someone following me to VA and he said he could smell gas well that burnt gas smell coming from my car. I will check the code and give the verdict.
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287101 Got one more question before i check. alright the code comes when i stay in v-tec and doesnt go away while the car is on, but when i turn the car off and start it again the code is no longer there. So my question is will there even be a code to get after i have turned the car off.....
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287107 Please ignore the question above...... Well the code it threw was 22 :thumbdown: . I guess it is off to trouble shooting :eh:. if anyone has an idea feel free to express that ideal.. [smilie=director.gif]
By EJ1_MK
#287148 Code 22 Vtec Pressure Switch Loose Wiring, No oil pressure If getting tuning done, don’t worry about this code its not vital and will be disabled

Check all the wiring and make sure that you have the correct amount of oil but I would imagine that the code is being thrown from the controller and the way it is wired into the harness. Make sure that it is not butt connected but soldered together. That might be the only reason that the light is coming on. The fuel smell could be that your fuel filter is raising your pressure forcing more fuel into the engine. Do you have all your evap system still on your car?
By 95 Esi Hatchback
#287199 The car is as stock as it gets. So all the evap is still there. I changed out the fuel filter too. It will all go away when all the evap gets removed and i run a inline fuel filter.. So there is nothing to worry about that code then???? I had a feeling it was nothing because the car would act normal with it on... Thanks