ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By echelon270
#285861 About a week ago i was driving my hatch back d15 and my wipers came on out of the blue and wouldnt go off. I disconnected them. About a week later i started having ignition problems. Car starts when key is turned all the way, but if i let go of the key and the spring brings it back one slot the car turns off. Would bad grounding cause this, is it a relay issue or is the ignition just messed up? Let me know what u think will prob post a video of this when i get a chance. Thanks
By teal_dx
#285864 Is the car stock or did someone do a wire tuck? It sounds like you have some bad wiring. Maybe some wires are getting pinched somewhere or the insulation has worn through. What mods have been done to your car? I ask because stock hondas are not known for such problems but after someone takes them apart or modifies them, there's a better chance for things like this to happen.
By echelon270
#286692 When i got it, it was all banged up and i fixed never pulled the dash though everything seemed fine. There was no wire tuck, had to change the motor it was fine up until recently. I might pull the dash and have a look.
By ExCoupe94
#286753 almost sounds like the switch itself. take the bezel off around the steering wheel there should be a white plastic disk on one end of the key cylinder two phillips remove it, this is the switch itself. it will be dangling off of the heavy guage wire harness. It pops apart be careful as its fragile i suggest a pick tool. Once apart u can clean the contacts. scrape em and use a contact cleaner of sorts then slap it back in. shouldnt take more than a half hour.