ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By neo27ny
#285216 Not sure if this is the right section but I'm having an idle issue. It idles fine until you get on the gas and when you let off it drops low to the point that it wants to stall out sometimes. Would that be a bad ground or a weak alternator?
By asianrob
#285302 hmm adjust your fast idle valve? clean and then adjust it shut and then back off a 1/4 turn (iirc thats how i did mine)

if it was a bad ground in the engine bay i dont think your car would turn over.

but you can always recheck it.
By neo27ny
#285334 would the fitv make my idle drop that low after letting off the gas, is that the problem you had? My car idles high when cold 2K+ rpms, drops to roughly 1K when warm. After warmed up and driving it or rev it a bit in park and let off the gas the rpms drop real low to the point the tach is almost bottomed out and the car wants to stall.
By tegpower18
#285336 Clean out your iac and clean your throttle body
By 95c1v1c
#285786 I have the same issue! Decided to try to fix it by changing the pcv valve, when doing that, I noticed the hose going from pcv to oil separator under intake mani was cracked in several places. I ordered the hose from honda for like 8 bucks. After replacing hose, problem has improved drastically, but still not back to 100%. I have the grommet for the oil separator, but is very difficult t get to so I am waiting to do it. Now I had cleaned my iacv and tb before doing this, so start with those...but it is probably a similar problem to mine (vaccuum leak!)
By neo27ny
#297943 Sorry to revive an old thread but i just got to cleaning all my intake parts. weather was nice today, last time I tried to get the iacv off it was too cold and I got frustrated and gave up. Anyway I pulled the throttle body, fitv and iacv and cleaned them all. my question is how do you properly set the white plastic piece inside the fitv? I screw it all the way in then back it off a little? I wasn't thinking and never checked to see how it was set if it was even correct to begin with. Now everything is clean and dry, i made new gaskets out of silicone, just waiting for it to dry and put it back together and see where we're at. Still gotta check all the vacuum lines. My idle drops real low once the car is warmed up and you rev it a little but then the rpms pick back up and it idles fine hmm. The idle doesn't surge at all, it idles steady just drops low and wants to stall if you give it any gas and let off but after a second the rpms come back up to normal. any ideas if this cleaning doesn't solve anything?
By asianrob
#297947 i usually screw it all the way down then back it off a 1/4 turn or so.

you could adjust your throttle screw on top with a flat head with the car running to adjust where your car is idling. that might help if not then nothing no loss lol.