ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By TeeHizzleNizzle
#284290 I've had ebay foglights installed in my car for awhile, but a couple months ago the plug on the harness that goes into the switch, the red power wire broke off, so re-crimped it back onto a new pin connector

Every time I press the switch, It blows the fuse.
I tried both a 15amp and 30amp fuse

Can someone take a picture showing where the yellow plug goes on the fuse box, and also a picture of the back of the plug where the switch is? I might have put the pin connecters on the plug in the wrong spots

Thanks!
By tegpower18
#284298 Need to trace the wire and check the plug ins at the fog lights its grounding out somewhere
By Wicked
#284309 Mine were grounding in the actual fog where it plugs into the light, You might wanna check there.
By kingjmack
#284466 I dont have an issue blowing fuses, but thought I'd post about my issue with Ebay fogs.

1st problem was that the switch went bad after a month or so. Had to get a replacement from PasswordJDM.

2nd Problem was that my 12v 30a relay keeps going bad because I tucked my headligh harness in the fender, and moisture keeps frigging up the relay.
By TeeHizzleNizzle
kingjmack wrote:I dont have an issue blowing fuses, but thought I'd post about my issue with Ebay fogs.

1st problem was that the switch went bad after a month or so. Had to get a replacement from PasswordJDM.

2nd Problem was that my 12v 30a relay keeps going bad because I tucked my headligh harness in the fender, and moisture keeps frigging up the relay.

My switch went bad and melted in about a month as well.
So I used my cruise control switch
Last edited by TeeHizzleNizzle on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By elrompetoto
#284477 I once got an eBay kit and they f up the polarity so the metal on the fog was positive so every time it touched the frame it pops the fuse. Turn them on with the bumper off and use a test light on the becket I the fog light c if it's positive or negative .good lick :thumb:
By TeeHizzleNizzle
Wicked wrote:Mine were grounding in the actual fog where it plugs into the light, You might wanna check there.

Thanks for suggesting to look there!
I fixed them!

The positive prong was slightly melted to the back of the bulb. On the other light, some wire was exposed. I fixed those two problems with some electrical tape.

Here's a picture of what my original problem was

By Wicked
#284744 :thumb: Same problem on mine it had melted through the plastic covering and was grounding on the negative terminal for the bulb
By TeeHizzleNizzle
Wicked wrote::thumb: Same problem on mine it had melted through the plastic covering and was grounding on the negative terminal for the bulb

Exactly!

Im glad I got them working again

Thanks for the help!
By express21
#352589 this is happening to me how did you get this sorted?
By TeeHizzleNizzle
express21 wrote:this is happening to me how did you get this sorted?

I believe it ended up being a ground issue. Check all your grounds, and make sure that your main ground is on the chassis of the car. Try sanding down paint
By express21
TeeHizzleNizzle wrote:
express21 wrote:this is happening to me how did you get this sorted?

I believe it ended up being a ground issue. Check all your grounds, and make sure that your main ground is on the chassis of the car. Try sanding down paint

ok i will do that and let you know