ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By jgpoirier
#281502 So of course today in Calgary it's blizzarding for the first time this year, which seems to have come later than usual, and my washer fluid motor is not working. It never ceases to amaze me what you find out is wrong just when you need it. For starters, there is fluid in the resevoir, second when I call for fluid there is no sound, no whine, no click, nothing from the engine bay or dash other than in switch arm in steering column. I have checked fuses in dash and relays in engine bay, and everything seems kubisaki. Does anyone have any ideas of potential issues, before i rip my front bumper off to inspect motor? Im two months away from finishing the schooling for my j-man in electrical so dont worry about scaring me off with any odd elec troubleshooting tricks.

Thanks so much,

Guy
By jgpoirier
#281503 Has anyone had their mist switch go?
Doing some research on good old google, and apparently could possibly be the mist switch as all my other wiper functions still work correctly.

Thanks,

Guy
By teal_dx
#281522 I've never had one go, but It's just a little motor on the bottom of the tank so i can see it needing replaced after years of use. I'd check the wiring at the pump with a test light or volt meter before buying another, just to be sure.
By jgpoirier
#281680 Thanks, I'll try that I just wanted to avoid pulling the bumper, but I might have to. It's odd, I don't often touch my high beams due to the HIDs, yesterday I went to use highbeams and those also wouldn't work. When I pull for high beam the light comes on in dash, but no reaction in bulbs. I know the bulbs are fine because when I switch my lights off the HIDs flash hi beam. On the other hand, literally:p, when I call for washerfluid, wipers react as they should but as I stated before no fluid. Haha sounds like I have a bit of a mess to work out this weekend!