ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JohnRM
#279748 Can someone show me, in visuals, where I can find a 12v constant in the car? I've searched that it's at the ignition switch and/or in the fuse box under the dash? I'm not good with these things, but if a picture was shown where to find it, I'll be okay from there. Thanks!
By Datsmart
#279880 Looks like connectors A and B are Hot all the time.
By JohnRM
#279939 Awesome! this is great info. Now my next question is..what connector goes with A-E? I
By Datsmart
#279952 Take a trip to your local wrecking yard.
Should be able to find a connector and wire that fits the A - E outputs.
By JohnRM
Datsmart wrote:Take a trip to your local wrecking yard.
Should be able to find a connector and wire that fits the A - E outputs.

I'm actually wondering what the connector is called
By 1ACarlos
#280075 Thanks for the info
By Datsmart
#280086 Are you are asking what normally plugs into connectors A -E?
They are "Optional" connectors.
I believe OEM fog lights plug into connector D, not sure about the others. Basic non-option cars will not have anything in them.
By JohnRM
#280098 So I tried hooking up the option connector A to the cigarette lighter I bought. I made another connection for the ground and put it on a random metal bolt.

Hooked it up, a bit of sparks, then the bronze pin from the cigarette lighter heated up and melted off...

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? What steps am I missing here?

What I'm trying to do is make my cigarette lighter stay on at all times. Any help is appreciated!
By elrompetoto
JohnRM wrote:So I tried hooking up the option connector A to the cigarette lighter I bought. I made another connection for the ground and put it on a random metal bolt.

Hooked it up, a bit of sparks, then the bronze pin from the cigarette lighter heated up and melted off...

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? What steps am I missing here?

What I'm trying to do is make my cigarette lighter stay on at all times. Any help is appreciated!
. Get the yellllow wire from ur radio And connected 2 the positive side on the cig lighter bam power all the time
By JohnRM
#280187 Solved it. I was over thinking what I was doing, haha. I got it to work!

I'll make a DIY for this later :thumb: