ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By oil4blood26
#278006 Can anybody help me with solve this problem i am having?

My speedometer is not tracking my speed, along with not knowing my speed my mileage counter is not tracking my miles driven either. The problem started as what seemed like a "glitch", the needle would bounce as i began accelerating, then it would even out and stay consistent. Now it doesn't read anything at all. I have to judge my speed based on what gear I am in and listening to my rpm's

Could anyone tell me what may be causing this problem and what i can do to fix it.
By Honda4life
#278008 i would say test out another cluster and your vss sensor could be bad
By EJ1_MK
#278018 common problem, mine does it my buddies does it there is a solder connect that breaks loose on the board you have to re-solder it back together. pretty simple fix. A honda tech in town filled me in and fixed mine. if you take your cluster out you will see it, it was easy to spot.
By HungRealLow21
#278037 10 bucks its you vss man that was my problem 12 bucks on ebay you wont find it cheaper any where else!!!! and it works great lmk if you need a link to the part also its just 2 bolts and a plug its that easy to change!!
By EJ1_MK
#278049 See I thought the same thing until I replaced the vss and it worked for a while and then it stopped working again. that is when I found the bad solder connect on the cluster. And the Honda tech that has been there since like 1990 said that is was a very common issue with the cluster and a known defect.
By RWMIII
oil4blood26 wrote:What is the vss?

Vehicle Speed Sensor. It is located on the top of the transmission.

I suggest testing the VSS first, then if it is okay, check out the cluster
By oil4blood26
#278380 Can I get the vss tested at Autozone or is this something I can test myself?