ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 603 jdm
#277040 hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had tips/trricks on how to hide the engine bay fuse box into the dash without cutting or splicing any of the wiring? i knwo there isnt shit for room?
By teal_dx
#277055 Are you keeping your heat? Does your car have a passenger side air bag and are you keeping that?
If yes and yes, good luck- Maybe you can cut the back of the glove box out and mount it in there. Wire tucks aren't easy, you kind of have to try it a couple different ways and pick the one that you're able to pull off.
By kingjmack
#277125 I am getting ready to tuck my fuse box as well. I still have heat, no a/c and the passenger airbag is coming out when I do the tuck. If you get rid of the airbag by either getting a pwjdm tray or a non-air bag dash, there is room where the air bag used to set and you can put the fuse box right there. I think there might also be room where the a/c components used to be (I yanked the a/c out). I plan on getting the bulkhead charging harness from rywire to make things a little easier on myself.
By 603 jdm
#277133 i have heat but no pass side airbag. it looks like theres room but very minimal. maybeif i drop the heater unit a lil put the fuze box in then put it all back together itll work
By 95cpeEX
#277137 just curious, and not trying to thread jack at all....but why would you want to put your fuse box in behind your dash? what if one of those fuses go out that control your head lights at night...now you gotta pull your dash apart at night just to fix it.

like i understand it makes your engine bay look really clean, but just for pure fuctionality of being able to get to it, couldnt you find a way to route ti down kinda by the ECU...and just make a new kick panel that covers the fuse box and ECU. now you dont have to pull the dash to fix fuses, just have to move the carpet.
By brandoff88
#302267 i know this post is old but if it helps anyone at all, i kept my heat and pulled every thing for the fuse box thru the top right corner of the fire wall, and tucked the fusebox ontop of the heater vent that dipped down, it fits almost perfectly but then again i dont have a glove box so that adresses that whole practicality issue with fuses..it worked pretty well just have to lengthen the headlight wires and thats pretty much it.