ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By cody27
#276761 ok so my cluster is starting to dim on the one side and my climate control lights have been dead since i bought the car and i thought finding a bulb size would be pretty straight forward and was....kind of....sylvania lighting says instrument bulbs are a #74 which was fine then i started reading around with regards to doing LEDs and then i realized some people on the forums are saying cluster[5 - #24, 1- #74] and CC [2-#74] , then others are saying the #74s are cracking the sockets :?

so what the hell im sitting here wanting to order my LEDs from superbrightleds which by the way only lists #74 for instrument bulbs but i dont want to order only to find out i have the wrong damn bulb

so if has anyone ordered from superbrightleds could you please tell me which bulb you ordered, the bulbs im leaning towards would be 74-xHP but again i dont wanna oder only to get something thats not gunna work

thanks.
By gtstripes
#276769 go on ebay and type in "T5 LED (insert colour here)" .. get the LED with a SQUARE face, i have used many ebay leds and these ones are damn bright and spread light output is damn GOOD .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pack-10-Whit ... 736wt_1139

thats a link to the same ones i have (only mine are red) if you want i can provide a sample pic tomorrow of my cluster. :thumb:
By eg-guy
#276785 i needed this info also :thumb:
By cody27
#276864 thanks guys i think ill be going with the bright white ones...cant wait for that nice bright look where you can actually see
By cody27
gtstripes wrote:yah, its ALOT better than stock bulbs lol :thumb: :thumb:

so ive heard.....ive gotten tired of having to be directly under the dome light to read something, and just tired of a poorly lit gauge cluster
By gtstripes
cody27 wrote:

so ive heard.....ive gotten tired of having to be directly under the dome light to read something, and just tired of a poorly lit gauge cluster

same, my mobile provided better light lol. get a LED panel for your roof light lol, so good you can photosynthesise :thumb:
By cody27
gtstripes wrote:
cody27 wrote:

same, my mobile provided better light lol. get a LED panel for your roof light lol, so good you can photosynthesise :thumb:

damn i saw those large panels [30LEDs] but they are like $15 so i was just going to go with the festoon 4LED hi-power mini panel.....damn it.

as for cluster bulbs today i remember i had a spare cluster so i found it and checked out bulb sizes and what i found was 4 x T5/#74 and 3 x T6.5/#24 so i figure ill go with that and hope for the best
By cody27
#276992 well hopefully they will be correct...order has been placed
By gtstripes
#277014 the ones i got were $40... lol :x

but yeah they usually come with a T10 wedge adaptor, a twisty adaptor and a festoon adaptor so yeah cant go wrong :thumb:
By cody27
#277016 and wouldnt ya know it i forgot to order extras for the damn climate control.....i guess ill order a 10 pack off ebay cause i believe superbrightleds has a $25 minimum or so ive heard
By RWMIII
cody27 wrote:and wouldnt ya know it i forgot to order extras for the damn climate control.....i guess ill order a 10 pack off ebay cause i believe superbrightleds has a $25 minimum or so ive heard

Not anymore. I ordered only 2 wedge style 74s for my climate controls. It let me check out just fine :thumb:
By gtstripes
#277026 that reminds me.. i have to take out my :x climate control thingy.. cant be stuffed tho so its staying stock for awhile haha
By cody27
RWMIII wrote:
cody27 wrote:and wouldnt ya know it i forgot to order extras for the damn climate control.....i guess ill order a 10 pack off ebay cause i believe superbrightleds has a $25 minimum or so ive heard

Not anymore. I ordered only 2 wedge style 74s for my climate controls. It let me check out just fine :thumb:

hmmm, but the ones i found on ebay are free shipping in the states, cheapest option i could get from superbright was bout $4 which was fine with my current order cause its just short of $40....ebay 10pack runs $3 or somethin...but ill figure it out that climate control seems like a pain in the ass so im in no rush to pull it out right now