ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Ecc0
#276623 Hey have just put my car back together and have a code 6 water temp sensor coming up so want to just check other than the earth wire and the sensor that bolts into the block where the thermostat is, is there anywhere else I should check before I swap the sensor itself???

Also on cold start my car struggles to start and revs so low it cuts out would this be caused by the water temp sensor? And would water temp effect vtec as don't seem to be getting that either.

Thanks for your help in advance
By bks84
#276625 If I'm not mistaken the engine has to be at operating temp before vtec will engage. The ecu will use the coolant sensor for that reading. So if there is a code for the ect sensor then no vtec will not work.

Both wires at the sensor are in good shape and not cracked? Check all the ground wires at the tstat as well. If they're good then you could replace the sensor.
By Ecc0
#276627 Thoughtthe same on both counts. Have already checked my earth and the plug and it's wires all of which are in good shape so looks like I'll be fitting a new sensor, thank god for spare B series engines
By bks84
#276640 Before replacing it, try testing the sensor first. Im sure it has "specs" that it has to be within to be determined "bad".
By Ecc0
#276756 Found the problem it was a corroded wire on the front temp sensor so as I had a spare D series loom took the sensor from that and fitted it on works like a dream again now.

Only problem I have now is the cheap as short shifter I bought has snapped while driving and my password JDM shifter knob has the top of it stuck in it so gotta get it out and get a new short shift. Thinking the Blox one ATM