ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By xjm92x
#276138 the battery in my 4door is at the point where it needs to be jumped every day. it will not hold a charge anymore. could it be the alternator?
By neo27ny
#276145 Is it driven daily? Could be a bad alternator or a something draining juice somewhere. More details....
By eg-guy
#276147 take it to autozone or advanced auto, they can diagnose both your battery and alternator.
By xjm92x
#276170 Just had the alternator tested and its good so I need a new battery
By egcivicboy
#276207 have the battery checked before you get a new one but that could definitely be the problem, i just had the same problem and had to get a new battery. Also check and make sure you actually have an alternator belt. my 93 sedan belt just fell off one day and i overlooked it. I asked my dad about the problem he looked under the hood and there was no alternator belt.
By neo27ny
#276225 Yup sounds like an issue with the battery. I would get it tested though, you could still have a something draining power while the car is sitting. The fact that the battery is still able to be jumped means you don't have any dead cells yet. That doesn't mean the battery isn't getting weak though and not holding a good charge.
By austenjanzen
#276228 well what kind of problems are you having?

if its just dead when you start your car its the battery
if your having problems while driving its your alternator

boost your car one more time and take the positive battery cable off
if it dies then its your alternator if it stays running its your battery

cuz when you take the positive cable off your car dies your alternator is dead and running off the charge of your battery if it stays running your alternator is good and and your battery was shot, a battery only starts a car

hope this helps you out
By egcivicboy
RWMIII wrote::roll:

It IS the battery. Just change it.

yikes, shot down.
By RWMIII
egcivicboy wrote:
RWMIII wrote::roll:

It IS the battery. Just change it.

yikes, shot down.

He had the alternator tested, so he has got to have a belt on it. He verified that the alternator is working fine. He has also verified that the battery is not holding a charge. What is the use of beating a dead horse?.

1+1=2 right?
By 92civic_vx
#276281 sounds like a bad cell in the battery, best to replace it
By eg-guy
#276290 I would point everybody in the autozone/advanced auto route with this problem. no sense in wasting money on a hypothisis. (excuse the spelling if it's wrong)
By lonemeno
#335796 same topic new car in a 97 ek
i have a d16y7 auto i battery keped on dieing so i tested it got 12.5v at about 2000 rpm so i replaced it with a new one even tho autozone told me it was fine now the new one spits out 12.9 at 2000 rpms are they sopose to shoot out 13v 14v? what am i doing wrong here?