ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By f1roze
#275559 I have a d15b3. I live in India. There are only 4 of these civics in india. Mechanics dont know much about this car. My alternator is fully burnt. I need a new one. Wat type of alternator do i have? How many amps? ANY INFORMATION on it would be helpful. Thanks
By ExCoupe94
#275562 stock alts run about 80 amps however going over will cause no damage. circuits will only take as many amps as they need too much voltage on the other hand WILL cause damage... same concept on the fact that u can hook a 12v led that pulls .00025 amps directly to a 200amp cold cranking batt and be fine. 99% of alts should run about 13.8volts just make it fit, even if it takes swapping the pully from the stock one lol.
By asianrob
#275717 you can use any 92-95 D series alt.

you can buy a rebuild kit from honda if you can not source another alt.
that kit ran me about 25 bucks (us doll hairs) from acura ( through my bro's price and etc. since he works at acura )

if need to you could probably source one from thailand or any surrounding countries..
By f1roze
#275760 thanks.. i got a reconditioned one.. cost me 6500 rupees (130 dollars).
By necropaulis
RWMIII wrote:I didnt think rupees were a real currency. I remember rupees from Zelda!! :lol: :lol:

Awesome :lol:
By f1roze
#275926 I got a new battery.. A new alternator.. and the battery light still shows :( any help :?
By aimotax
#288270 have you checked the alternator belt.