ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Aldo91
#275277 hello i have a quick question, so my blinkers are blinking really fast, as if one of my break lights was out, but they are all good, i know some of them are supposed to be double filament bulbs, but i dont know which ones could anyone help? also my reverse lights arent wired on and i dont want to try and mess with the wires, but could my lack of wired reverse lights be causing the problem?
By Aldo91
#275340 bump, anyone? its really bugging me that me blinkers wont blink rormally.
By RWMIII
#275351 They blink fast due to higher resistance in the circuit. Figure out why it has more resistance and you will have your answer. The turn signals and reverse lights have their own circuits. So no reverse lights will not affect your turn signals.
By RWMIII
#275352 Correct bulbs will be a good start:

High & low beam headlamp
9003/HB2
9003SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9003ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9003EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9003XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9003CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

Parking light
3496LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front turn signal
3496LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear turn signal
1156ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
1156LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Tail light
2057ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
2057LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Stop light
2057ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
2057LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

High mount stop light
3497LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
921ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
921LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

License plate
168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Back up light
1156ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
1156LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker
168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Dome light
DE3175
DE3175LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Step/Courtesy light
DE3021
DE3021LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3021
DE3021LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Instrument-general
74LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProduct ... esults.htm
By Aldo91
RWMIII wrote:They blink fast due to higher resistance in the circuit. Figure out why it has more resistance and you will have your answer. The turn signals and reverse lights have their own circuits. So no reverse lights will not affect your turn signals.

when you say high resistance what do you mean? and thanks for the reply, so you think i should replace the bulbs and maybe that will take care of it?
By RWMIII
Aldo91 wrote:
RWMIII wrote:They blink fast due to higher resistance in the circuit. Figure out why it has more resistance and you will have your answer. The turn signals and reverse lights have their own circuits. So no reverse lights will not affect your turn signals.

when you say high resistance what do you mean? and thanks for the reply, so you think i should replace the bulbs and maybe that will take care of it?

Yes, it would be where I would start. It is hard to diagnose anything when incorrect parts are installed.
By Aldo91
#275462 well looks like im going to be getting new bulbs thanks :thumb:
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
Aldo91 wrote:well looks like im going to be getting new bulbs thanks :thumb:

:thumb: sounds like a good start
By Aldo91
#275726 well it wasnt the bulbs, do you guys know of any diagrams on the harness so i can tell what wires go to?
By RWMIII
#275738 Mine was doing the same fast blinking on the driver side and I traced it down to the socket being bad. It was $7 at Honda.

If it is only 1 side then switch the plugs over and see if the problem follows. If it does, then you know it is that socket. You arent running any LEDs on any of your lights are you? This would cause a resistance issue as well.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
RWMIII wrote:Mine was doing the same fast blinking on the driver side and I traced it down to the socket being bad. It was $7 at Honda.

If it is only 1 side then switch the plugs over and see if the problem follows. If it does, then you know it is that socket. You arent running any LEDs on any of your lights are you? This would cause a resistance issue as well.

Yessir! :thumb: troubleshooting always works!
By Ajax1989
#275756 high restance can be cause by corrsion
By Aldo91
#275892 i am not running any LEDs,i also changed all the bulbs, i bought some new sockets to replace the old ones with, i was also wondering could they be bad grounds?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
Aldo91 wrote:i am not running any LEDs,i also changed all the bulbs, i bought some new sockets to replace the old ones with, i was also wondering could they be bad grounds?

give them a lil scrub :lol:
By Aldo91
#275975 jaja i guess so, i took my panels off and everything looks like a hack job, i am talking wires spliced like crazy, im trying to find a diagram so i can rewire everything. :thumbdown: