ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Flatland_EG
#270933 JUst like the title says, will one work with the other, vice verse, or does it matter?
I checked Google but all I can find is how to convert an auto ECU to manual.
Also, how can you tell the difference between the two? Are there markings or a way to tell them apart externally?
:?

Thanks in advance. :D
By breez
#270941 yes you can and modify it to get rid of the auto codes .
there are various write ups depending on what ecu your trying to run :thumb:
Last edited by breez on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By breez
#270943 check the code after p28 or whatever ecu you are running and google it
google is your best friend lol :thumb:
By RWMIII
#270945 If the last two digits after the A on the ecu are 50 and up then it’s an automatic. Less than 50 is a manual.
By asianrob
#270994 YOU CAN NOT USE a manual ECU on an Auto car. with out converting it. :D

if that is what you are trying to do.

being that the ecu controls shift points.

but Auto on a manual car yes that is possible. change the resister like in teal's DIY and you are fine.
By breez
asianrob wrote:YOU CAN NOT USE a manual ECU on an Auto car. with out converting it. :D

if that is what you are trying to do.

being that the ecu controls shift points.

but Auto on a manual car yes that is possible. change the resister like in teal's DIY and you are fine.

lol thats what I was referring to got the two mixed up
By Flatland_EG
#271011 I've got a few people on our local forum that have some but aren't exactly sure if they were for an auto or manual, now I know what to tell them to look for now at least. That was also the reason for asking if a manual would work in an auto, in case all they had was a manual ECU.
I'm looking for plug and play, I really don't have the patience to be modding an ECU to make it work or the skill set, PC's are one thing but ECU are a little above what I'm willing to tackle. :D

BTW, how does $30-$50 sound like as far as price range, one is $30 and the other two are $50.
By RWMIII
#271076 $30-$50 is a good deal.
By d-mon
#271087 it only takes a couple min to convert an auto obd1 ecu to manual, once your iron is hot.
on both of mine the idle surged badly before converting.
By asianrob
#271298 glad i could help lol.