ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By eghatchie33
#267471 im having some problem in my del sol, the dash lights, tail lights, corner lights and plate lights wont turn on. the fuse blew i replaced it, than every one i put in blew, but now the fuse is good and hasent blew out yet. i tested for power in the cornor light wires and im only getting power when i put the blinkers on. i replaced all te fuses and none have blown out. could it be the headlight swith??? is there away to check to see if the switch is working properly. the head lights do come on when i turn them on and the high beams work also. just no power to the the dash lights, tail lights, corner lights and plate lights... PLEASE HELP ME
By RWMIII
#267478 if you kept blowing fuses like that, then you def had a short to ground or a bad ground. I would start by checking bulb sockets and wires of all affected areas. Look for any frayed/cut/melted wiring. And repair as necessary.
By eghatchie33
#267479 i changed the bulbs and checked out the wires all look good, can it be the switch or a relay? is there away i can by pass the switch to check if the lights come on?
By eghatchie33
#267485 well i wanted to check something out quick so i put a new fuse in cuz the old one was blown at the bottom couldnt see, so new fuse went in under dash than i unplugged the switch and did a wire jump and i heard the fuse blow so i know its not the switch any more. i checked the ground behind the cluster and found it to be clean, but when i took it off the ground sparked alittle is that normal?? but the illuminastion wire that gose to the cd player shouldnt have anything to do with it could it? im going out side to unplug the cd play change the fuse and cross jump the wire after that ill let you know what happens.......
By eghatchie33
#267495 so i unpluged the radio, the rear tail light harnes on each side and took the corner nights out but still the fuse keeps blowing, my cornes only have 2 wires running to them a red and a black how come no green? i believe the headlights on the car are after market beacuse there one piece but the owner before me said all the lights worked. please help me find out whats wrong. maybe a lose wire touching something????
By RWMIII
eghatchie33 wrote:maybe a lose wire touching something????

dead on. Blowing fuses mean a short to ground OR possibly a bad ground. I would start by tracing at each plug and work my way back. A meter would help you immensly.
By eghatchie33
#267540 got fed up ran all new wires from tail lights plate light, cluster and cornors and hooked em all up to my aux button :thumb: