ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#266955 ok so i have no constant power through out my car...(bought the car like this...but didnt relize)..my radio will always loose its time and my programed stations...and the clock on my dash is always starting at 1:00....and im not sure if this will cause any other problems like making my check engine light from not coming on (as if when you disconnect a battery and you have a check engine light on and it goes off because you are clearing any previous codes) or anything like that....i am good with radios so i have already fixed that problem but im still stuck on the clock...and im concerned the CEL might be getting bypassed...any thoughts or opinions?????it would greatly be appreciated
By Classiccarsrule85
#266967 just out of curiosity have you checked the underhood fuse in the fusebox theres a backup fuse that would in turn at least make the clock reset itself thatd be my first thought to fix this issue if thats all good just do a quick check of all your fuses you never know if it could be that simple....
By teal_dx
#266968 There's a fuse in the underhood fuse box, It is 7.5A, red I believe. See if that is blown.
Not having that fuse would also reset your ECU every time you shut the car off. It's your backup power.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#266993 im gunna go ahead and look under the hood in a while...but do es any one happen to know what numberd spot it should be in...cuz if this is the problem i feel like the owner before me would have taken it out on purpose....... :thumbdown:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#267056 well...I feel kinda dumb for not thinking of this....but that was the problem...and so far i still have no CEL and I have a clock that tells me the actual time haha
By RWMIII
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:well...I feel kinda dumb for not thinking of this....but that was the problem...and so far i still have no CEL and I have a clock that tells me the actual time haha
:thumb: