ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By LsHatchKid
#266020 Hey guys whats going on . I got a electrical promblem thats a pain . So quick run through . My car is a 94 civic , it has a built b20v in it . Motor turns over strong but gets no SPARK but does get fuel . I went through everything that would cause the car not to get spark , plugs , wires , BRANDNEW distributer , grounds are good , thermestat ground is good , fuses are all good , my sensors are all there . I plugged in my s300 to my laptop and 3 codescame up .

code 10 . IAT-Intake air temperature
code 20 . ELD-electrical load detector
code 21 . VTEC-Vtec spool

I know none of these code would stop my car from getting spark. Now listen to this . The Yellow/Black wire on the distributer gets power , i opened up the cap and tsted the coil for power , its getting it . now why dosent the motor get spark ? considering that thye coil gets power ?
By teal_dx
#266023 That's a lot of problems to happen at once... Did these problems all of a sudden start happening or was it after you were doing work/modifications to the engine? Did the car ever run when these CEL's popped up? How was it running then?
Is your wiring harness stock or has it ever been cut/hacked into?
By LsHatchKid
#266025 The car ran when i had the stock d15b7 in it and ran mint . I then took the d15 out and built the b20 vtec , i also did a full brake line tuck to the car but im sure i plugged everything back into the dash board and the fuse box . Im using the d15 engine harness , and yes i did cut all the old tape off the engine harness and retaped it . oh yea I also cut one of the clips near the fuse box/battery because I couldnt get the thing off . I sorderd it back together . I had a kill switch to my distributer when i had the d15 in it so when i put mynew swap all together I took out the kill switch and sorderd the distributer wires together witch shouldnt be a promblem because i get power to it .
By teal_dx
#266041 I would start by going back and checking all your wiring since a wire tuck was done. A wire tuck can lead to all kinds of issues. It sounds like you did a good job, soldering and all, but modifying that many wires at once always leaves some room for error.
By LsHatchKid
#266047 I have checked all the wires , i even took the engine harness out and took all the tape off and checked all the wires then retaped it back . could i delete these codes im throwing in my Smanager ?
By teal_dx
#266055 Well, I think ELD is on north american cars only, not JDM cars, so it would make sense that that could be turned off.
And I suppose you could turn off VTEC since some engines don't use it, but then you'll have no vtec.
I don't know about turning off the IAT though.

That's more like covering up the problem rather than solving the original problem.

And about the spark... try replacing the coil first.
By LsHatchKid
#266073 The distributer is BRANDNEW so the coil the ICM and the CAM sensors are all new . The coil gets power , but the spark plug gets no spark
By teal_dx
#266154 is the dizzy OEM or aftermarket/autozone etc...

Did you determine there is no spark by unplugging the wire and seeing if the spark arcs on the valve cover while someone is cranking the motor?
By LsHatchKid
#266245 yes i tested it that way but with a philips screw driver in the plug and had my brother start it but there was no arc . and the distributer is OEM one of them rebuilt ones that theyll sell at a local store . Its the second one already