ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By James701
#264765 Wats up C-EG,

I have a problem with my EG in the fact that the brake lights & horn are not working!! Its really annoying me cos its popping fuses! Also it was a D15 (now b18) and just stopped working before i even did the conversion driving round one day and i never touched the wiring before hand :x ..

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks JC
By ejc
#264778 If it is popping fuses you have a short in the circuit. Maybe the insulation on a wire is wiorn away and touching metal. You need to look at a circuit diagram and trace it out. It can be very time consuming. There is no easy way to troubleshoot and electical problem. Good luck
By James701
#264780 Ahh damn i had a feeling this would be the outcome! Would it be better to identify the brake light wires and rewire it from the plugs back?

Thanks for you reply
JC
By James701
#265341 Has anyone had this problem before, its really annoying me. Is the horn problem linked to the brake lights?
By necropaulis
#265373 If they went out at the same time, then they share a ground. Find out where the ground is and start from there. One of these could help:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CGYQ8wIwAQ
You could rewire, but when you're doing that, you'll prolly find your short.
By James701
#265671 Ok thanks, for the help Necro. :thumb:
By TENGOKU25
#265739 mine not long done the same all other lights and so works but not brake lights or horn i replaced the switch and nothing checked all fuses all good and getting power but this all happened after a wire tuck so im guessing thats it for me but bitch thing is finding and tracing the wires as shits so tight under dash lol
By TENGOKU25
#272985 has any 1 else had this problem and found were and what it was . just looking to find out so it makes my life easyer and no were to start or look b4 i start palling wires .
By RWMIII
#272995 A Digital Multi-Meter is both of yours best friend in this situation. It can help narrow down which wire(s) has too much resistance, is seeing voltage when it should be ground and vice versa. From there it will be easier to find out exactly which wire/circuit is grounded, broken, etc...
By TENGOKU25
#273209 ok thanks man
By James701
#273729 I found the problem. The guy before me must of had a spoiler w/ brakelight. He then changed it to spoon one and must of left the brake light wires dangling.. They was touching each other..

Simple problem but a bitch if you dont know what it is! I just used tape around them to insulate them from each other and my brake lights have since worked for the last month!

JC
By necropaulis
#274222 :thumb: Don't you just love finding other people's hack jobs....
By James701
#274837 Now onto my next problem which is my stereo. It cuts power when i turnt up the volume! Gottaaa sort the wiresss! apperently theres a confliction with my non vtec cluster loom and the vtec interior loom?

I gotta feeling i might have to splice into my stereo wire (red and yellow) and connect to ignition and battery or power source.

JC
By James701
#275123 Does anyone know if there is a confliction with the stereo/lighter/hazard wiring when doing an interior loom change?

Basiclly im from the UK and done a B18c4 (UK GSR) conversion into my EG. It was originally a non vtec D15b2. So ive basiclly swapped over the interior loom to a D16z6 interior loom. Of course im using the same stereo loom but it now doesnt seem to be working! :x

Anyone have any idea's?