ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By {ikon}EM1
#263635 Lastnight I got home and turned off the car went inside to get something came back turned the key to start it and nothing... I thought I needed a jump but that wasn't the case...

My headlights went out along with my interior lights only when I turn the key... note u also hear a clicking noise when u turn the key...

Another thing to note my alarm when arming engages the lock this time it was only the alarm just setting it self I had to manualy lock it myself...

What would cause this im thinking of a fuse or a relay but idk which one cus I don't have the diagram
By nvturbo
#263676 Check the fuses under the hood...the square ones with the copper tabs on each end. I had the same problem when I installed some foglights in my ej8 coupe.
By EJ1_MK
#263703 Also check your ground wires on the engine, mine ej1 had a similar issue and it was the trans ground wire was off. Most alarms have a back up battery built into them and that is why it armed but did not lock the doors due to the car not having enough juice.

But I agree with nvturbo and check all your fuses under your hood as well.
By {ikon}EM1
#263717 Ok so here's what I got so far... I bought a battery tester that tests the Cca of the battery, alternator, and turns out the battery and alternator are fine witch leaves out the starter... I banged on it with a hammer for a while and nothing... so I believe its that ...

I checked the grounds and they r ok

Imma check the fuses and test the starter and see where I stand ... I don't have a garage and its been raining a lot... so its hard for me to check things out...

If u guys have any other ideas of what it might be please help out remember I have fog lights and an alarm...
By {ikon}EM1
#263809 Fixed... it was the starter... that tool was a great investment...with out it I probably would have riped out the alt for nothing...

Here's the toll I picked up at pepboys

And here the amps of my battery and my alt...

Ironically look at the trip meter and tell me that its coincidence I see these three numbers together when it happened
By {ikon}EM1
#265744 Bump

Now I t happens again!

The car has power and it didn't turn over... my boy said its the ignition so he jumped it using a wire to the starter and to the positive battery terminal using direct power from the battery and it worked

My question is what would u change out the ignition or the ignition relay??? And how would u tell what problem os what???