ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By orangeEG
#261630 so i bought a used 3 1/2" tack from a guy and seen it working before we removed it from his car, now when i went to hook it up i noticed the wire for the tach under the hood had already been tapped into from the previous owner, when i put my volt meter to it it shows 0.075V all the time whether i rev it or not?, i tried straight from the dizzy as well and nothing?... keep in mind that i took the tack not working out of the equation by going straight at it with the volt meter? ive use the meter in the past and it has been a sinch, my old cluster's tack worked fine but for some reason it wont read on the meter?

i dont know im lost haha, is there a fuse that might have blown from the wire being exposited under the hood?

i also noticed that the end of the wire had a sealed plug on it? is that normal?

By orangeEG
#261637 It was geeing dark and the bugs where biting but if I remember right it was the same thing because that was my first idea what check behind the cluster
By orangeEG
#261645 What's a IMC?, can I replace it?
By orangeEG
#261654 I frogot to mention that in march when I took the car out of storage the dizzy kicked the bucket... Think these 2 things could be connected in any way?
By RWMIII
orangeEG wrote:I frogot to mention that in march when I took the car out of storage the dizzy kicked the bucket... Think these 2 things could be connected in any way?

Well the icm is also called the igniter so yes it could be related. Did you buy a new dizzy?
By orangeEG
#261663 Yes It might have been a refurbished one but I know it was in a sealed box and it was not a fresh off another car one. I've got all the papers for it so if that's the issue I'll take it back
By suspendedHatch
#262159 The tach signal is AC, not DC.

Yes that blank plug is normal. That's where Honda can plug in a diagnostic tool. There's also a vestigal plug for a resistor box for peak and hold injectors.

If the tach signal is bad, your ECU should be throwing a check engine code and running in limp mode.
By orangeEG
#262160 Alright I'll check it again in the morning on ac, I've got no engine light, nor has it ever came on, the car sat for a month and apon redriving it it seemed a little sluggish but its hard to tell because I have no tach, what should it read on ac?, it should fluctuate between 2 points
By suspendedHatch
#263403 It will increase with RPM. Pretty sure it's .4 - 5volts. My memory is shit when I'm sober.

The check engine light should come on with you first start the car, and go out after a few seconds. If it doesn't, then someone probably removed the bulb.
By orangeEG
#263408 The CEL comes on when I first start so I know it's working, it's weird because somedays it seems like all the car wants to do it floor it and others it feels like I'm always on a upward incline... As for the tach signal... Never really went back to figure it out being all the rain we've been having here