ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By hatchaddict
#261034 The boxes where all the ground wires run to on the wiring harnesses I realized were all cut off on my wiring harness I mustve done it not thinking or one of the buddys did but I grounded all those wires out again I think. Could this cause any problems? My currently will not start has spark has fuel but won't start? Come on guys help me out. Its a 94 hatch with a b16a swap
By suspendedHatch
#261496 Grounds are just as important as power wires.

I have no idea what wires you mean. The white boxes behind the headlights?
By hatchaddict
#262125 yeah the ones where they have multiple black wires running too
By suspendedHatch
#262155 Those grounds are important. The grounds on your thermostat housing are absolutely critical. I can't think of any reason why a sane person would pull the chassis harness, let alone hack them off.

I'd start over with a new harness.
By hatchaddict
#262158 I still have the main grounds. I have the grounds that go to the thermostat housing. Its just like the ones that go too the headlights corner lights wiper motor and whatever else runs to those little boxes
By 94EJ2
#262177 those dont have anything to do with the engine.

do you have your firing order right on the distributor
By hatchaddict
#262187 Yeah I ended up pulling the motor again after a compression test that was terrible
By Ajax1989
suspendedHatch wrote:Those grounds are important. The grounds on your thermostat housing are absolutely critical. I can't think of any reason why a sane person would pull the chassis harness, let alone hack them off.

I'd start over with a new harness.

this

manily the thermostat housing ones
thats ur ecu's ground
By hatchaddict
#262230 I still have that ground
By Ajax1989
hatchaddict wrote:I still have that ground

ok good, but like said before replace the harness with the ground
or make sure there grounded good

but as ur starting problem
relpace your coil, or if you have a buddy with a obd1 d serise
swap out the coil into ur dizzy and see if it starts :thumb:
By hatchaddict
#262240 I tried a new dizzy still wouldn't go so then I did a compression test and it was really bad so I just pulled it out and I'm gonna rebuild it