ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Eg6H2D
#260456 Brake lights not working . Fuses have been checked and replaced. all proper fuses under the dash fuse box are where they are supposed to be.. . it's EG hatch 92 DX. on brake press the brake light dont turn on. all new bulbs are in. wiring at the rear is intact. not sure what to look for wiring wise under the dash.

Any ideas?

it's a buddy's hatch not my project build.. lol..

Just having a hard trying to figure this out..

would a mickey mouse ass alarm system be the culprit. it was installed some how by the previous owner..

Since i know alarm tie into the light to flash when armed and dis armed.. might that be the issue??

:?
By Eg6H2D
#260471 ok ill try that next... if that does nothing. what else should i look for?.
By suspendedHatch
#260497 A short would cause them to stay on at all times.

People use the word as a catch-all with no clue of what it means.

Do you own a multimeter or are you willing to get one? $15 from Sears.
By asianrob
#260514 check your horn fuse under the hood again.
By OmarG
#260582 I'm almost positive it's the little rubber grommet on the brake pedal. Look on his floor mat. you should see little broken pieces. once you look under the dash and see it's missing you can see how to fix it. some people put little screws in the hole, one of my friends used a beer bottle lid and electrical tape.

All I used was a spare screw anchor from my door panel like this:

I popped it in there, without a screw of course, and it works fine. It's a little loose, but I haven't had a problem with it since.

(not my picture, I found it online.)
By suspendedHatch
#260958 Why would you improve a solution? You can get that rubber grommet from any Honda or Acura from the late eighties onwards. If the car has cruise, then there are two rubber grommets for you to choose from.