ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By newbie101
#260449 Hey guys, I have had my new cluster in for almost 4 months now (thanks GHSKID06 for the cluster :thumb: ) and I have an issue with it. I was getting on the highway for work last monday, and the rpms jumped in third gear and started reading 500-600 rpms higher than normal (i.e. instead of 1700 rpms in third gear going 25, It says I'm spinning 2200-2400 rpms going 25 in third gear). The motor was NOT spinning faster, I was just getting a higher readout from the tach. I parked it for work for 12 hours, then It went away until today when it has done it since I drove it this morning and it is not fixing itself. Any ideas on what it could be? I know for a fact the engine is not acting up, based on the sound it makes.
By JUICE
#260451 could be the tach itself. the clusters in our cars are junk for some reason..

my original clusters' mph quit working so i got another. the mph worked on that one but the rpms were off. i picked up just the tach part of the cluster (it's removable) and replaced it with a EDM one with a lower redline that i got from asianrob. it's been working good for almost a year but lately the odometer won't work every once in a while :x
By newbie101
#260453 Would it still be the tach if it did it once with my old cluster? I didn't think much of it since it fixed itself after sitting for a day.
By newbie101
#263015 bump :?