ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 93'CivicEX
#260135 So, I am new to this forum, tried searching but didn't find anything. I know code 7 is TPS. But mine is new, And since there is no way to adjust it on these motors (d16z6) I was wondering what could be causing this code? Is there a common electrical problem that could create this? Any help would be great. Thanks!
By teal_dx
#260151 You have a brand new TPS, is this because your old one went bad and you had a check engine light for it? If so, try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins. Maybe the new one has no problem at all :thumb:
By Honda4life
#260545 I just had the same problem and it was because the gasket for the tps was broken. Make sure you use a gasket for the tps because as someone told me the tps without a gasket will act like a vacuum leak and give you a code. Trust me I learned the hard way.
By Ajax1989
#260703 how did u replace the tps??
their rivet screws, and honda wantsyou to replace the whole throttle body
instead of the tps its self

and if u have a digtal mutimeter
you can adjust em

turn the key to koeo(key on engine off)
and with the throttle close probe the wires it should rear .5volts
and at wot(wide open trottle) it should 4.5volts

so u can adjust em that way

hope it helps
By 93'CivicEX
#260818 Thanks for the reply guys, It had just been replaced by the guy I bought it from about a month before I got it. I tried resetting the ECU with no result :? I didnt think about the gasket, I will check it out today. And as for rivets.. Mine is screws I think someone converted it. The only other thing I was thinking was maybe its for a d15.. Any thoughts? Or are they the same unit?