ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 92civic_vx
#259979 i am swapping the motor out of my 92 lx sedan into my 92 vx i noticed today that i have a map sensor on the firewall of the sedan and i looked on the hatch and i cant even find the plug or any wires for map sensor. how do i go about wiring it in on the hatch?
By suspendedHatch
#260044 This has been coming up a lot lately. The early non VTEC Civics have the MAP mounted on the firewall. The VTECs and all the later models have them on top of the throttle body. Both use the same plug and are interchangeable. No need to extend the wires or anything.

Just be sure not to mix the TPS sensor plug with the MAP sensor plug. They have different wire colors but the plugs are the same and they're in close proximity.
By 92civic_vx
#260049 i have examined the harness and there is no plug the wires are pinned in the ecu harness just not sure if it was cut off or what. have to trace the wires from ecu out to the bay.
By 92civic_vx
#260056 ok, i traced the wires from ecu to engine harness plugs and found out that the hatch has the wires ran all the way to the plug and the sedan had the wires ran about 8-9 inchs before the plug and runs right to the map sensor. so since i am crushing the sedan i just cut the wires off as close to the firewall as i could and i have a bunch of pins out of other harnesses from sedan so i am going to put the pins onto the map wires and add them to the engine harness. the wires are long enough so that it will still be mounted on the firewall :thumb: