ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259681 So i my car wont pass 3,500 in any gear i have a 92 si hatch with 00si head an 94 gsr block b16 tranny type r mani an tb, obd1 gsr ecu an wire harness an wen i accelerate it take tym to speed up even if i push the peddal all the way down sounds like its chokein (an i dont kno if it in limp mode) an has these codes

#7-throttle angle (tps)= this i kno is lil screw in tb cuz its frozen
#14 idle air control (iac) valve
#16 fuel injector
#41 oxygen sensor heater

I kno the tps an iac i can change but idono what iac to get as for the other two idono how to fix an would this be the problem for my car runnin funny? Plzz help hate driven my car like this
By ghskid06
#259683 actually all those codes are pretty closely related. I bet one thing is causing them all (like wiring). I imagine that you are in limp mode.

youll need a poorman expert to help you out any further. All your sensors are obd1 like your computer? If not i think youll need to get an obd1 intake with sensors.
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259688 Im think sensors too iv let a bunch of ppl look at it an even ppl from dealership anf nothin
By That One Dude
#259713 You are absolutely in limp mode right now.

The IACV and TPS connectors are identical in shape. Swap the plugs, pull the negative off the battery for a few minutes, reinstall, and check the codes again.

Definitely change the O2 sensor. The heater circuit is integrated in the sensor itself, so you can't just fix that, unfortunately...

As for the fuel injector code, is there a separate code for each injector? If so, which injector is throwing the code? Swap two injectors to see if the code follows it. If the code follows, you have a fouled injector that needs to be replaced.
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259739 No for injector code its juss the code doesnt indicate which one
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259740 restarted it an the only code that came up was 16 and 41
what does that mean the other the are good??
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259744 Oo yea can i use the tps sensor for my sk2 tb or where can i buy one cus the one on my type r has no screws but if i can use that one ill have to drill it out...and also wen i disconnect map sensor car turns off
By forcefedEG
#259751 Stock tps screws are what they call a tamper proof.screw , it keeps people from messing with the factory preset. If.you no longer have.the TPS code I wouldn't mess with it, I think the 41 is the o2 code, like said before get a new o2 to fix.that code... and for the fuel injector code.the manual will give you everything to check for it :thumb:
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259755 Yea but i have to change the tb with my sk2 bcuz the adjusting screw on my type r tb is frozen an it wont move unless i can buy another tps an i doubt the manual will telll me how to wire obd2 injectors with an obd1 wire harness but ill check it out
By forcefedEG
#259806 Wiring the injectors for obd2 to 1 is easy if you have the.obd2 injector plugs there color coded, cut and solder not hard at all I've done it many times....

If you have a skunk 2 throttle body it.should have a tps on it stock ? If you grind the tamper proof screws head off.you can remove.the tps but you have to preload or pre set the tps with an ohm meter, should be a.few write ups online somewhere

How is the screw frozen you try pb blaster?
By That One Dude
#259830 Yeah, the TPS and IACV are good. Replace the O2 sensor.
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#259845 Yea i juss bought a aftermarket tps sensor an i have but it wont break lose an from tryin to move it with flat head an started to chip so i juss bought the sk2 tb An i thought it would cum with sensors but didnt an the wirein with injectors they were already wired but im wondetin if its wired wrong is there a fourm were u can check to see what color wires go to what injector plug looked every where an i cant find it