ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By elrompetoto
#259377 4 some resin my vtec seams 2 ingage twice at around 5500 Rpm the light turns on a lil dim then at around 6200 rpm the light turns really brite.... Is this normal ? I think it's ecu problem
By josh93coupe
elrompetoto wrote:For some reason my vtec seems to engage twice. At around 5500 Rpm the light turns on a little dim. Then at around 6200 rpm the light turns really bright.... Is this normal? I think it's a ecu problem

Study that, learn how too make a sentence, and spell a little.

Like teal said... What are the specs of the car.
By elrompetoto
josh93coupe wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:For some reason my vtec seems to engage twice. At around 5500 Rpm the light turns on a little dim. Then at around 6200 rpm the light turns really bright.... Is this normal? I think it's a ecu problem

I don't push the gramer 2 much sins this is a forum and all and I'm using an iPhone this shit has a mind of it's own
By teal_dx
josh93coupe wrote:

If you have a hard time understanding the above quoted sentence, I think it may be a reading problem. :? Go bust the noob's balls who type in all caps, they're the worst.

Back to the technical issue... Fix your o2 sensor first before trying to diagnose anything on the car. The o2 sensor tells your ecu how much furl to put in your motor. If that's not working right then a lot of things aren't going to be working right.
By ghskid06
teal_dx wrote:
josh93coupe wrote:

If you have a hard time understanding the above quoted sentence, I think it may be a reading problem. :? Go bust the noob's balls who type in all caps, they're the worst.

Back to the technical issue... Fix your o2 sensor first before trying to diagnose anything on the car. The o2 sensor tells your ecu how much furl to put in your motor. If that's not working right then a lot of things aren't going to be working right.

lol. Agree. :D
By That One Dude
#259424 Hey Teal! Learn how to spell! It's FUEL, not FURL!!! :D :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a D15B with a two stage or three stage VTEC? I know very little about the D-series engines (I tend to stick with B-series).
By mooze
That One Dude wrote:Hey Teal! Learn how to spell! It's FUEL, not FURL!!! :D :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a D15B with a two stage or three stage VTEC? I know very little about the D-series engines (I tend to stick with B-series).

correct some d15b come with 3 stage vtec
By d-mon
That One Dude wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a D15B with a two stage or three stage VTEC? I know very little about the D-series engines (I tend to stick with B-series).

yes there is, but the 1st vtec engagement is @ much lower rpm than single stage vtec engagment.
and, unless the (OBD2) ecu is happy, there is NO vtec engagement
By poorman type-r
#259478 No disrespect to you Teal but i agree with Josh, you have to at least try and make sense when you are typing in a forum. I bet he would get a lot more attention and advice to his problem if he didnt spell like a first grader, just saying bro put on the spell check its way less of a headache for us to read.

It's the jdm d15b that has the 3-stage vtec, i believe.

To the OP, what light are you talking about, do you have one of your dash lights that engages when vtec kicks?
By mooze
poorman type-r wrote:No disrespect to you Teal but i agree with Josh, you have to at least try and make sense when you are typing in a forum. I bet he would get a lot more attention and advice to his problem if he didnt spell like a first grader, just saying bro put on the spell check its way less of a headache for us to read.

It's the jdm d15b that has the 3-stage vtec, i believe.

To the OP, what light are you talking about, do you have one of your dash lights that engages when vtec kicks?

yeah but even with the jdm d15b thats 2 high...like d-mon said the vtec engages low....around 3k and then again around 5500
By elrompetoto
teal_dx wrote:
josh93coupe wrote:

teal dont wory about it i finished hs a year early i have 3 ASE and i own my own business i kinda just lol when pplz tell me stuff like that
Last edited by elrompetoto on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By d-mon
poorman type-r wrote:
It's the OBD2 jdm d15b that has the 3-stage vtec.

fixed