ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JohnAWESOME
#258545 Today I noticed that my driver side brake light is way dimmer than my passanger side. I thought that it was burned out for a second but it just barely turns on. Could this be a grounding issue or something else? It is about a 2 month old light that is in there.
By josh93coupe
#258551 I have saw bulbs going bad do this, are you positive its not the bulb?
By JohnAWESOME
#261962 Hey so I finally got around to looking at the lights really good. Looks like the tail light used to hold water the buld socket was all rusty. I swapped lights from driver side to passanger and the same thing driver side was dim. I took out the wire harness and sanded and wire brushed out the bulb socket. Put it in and I had a good brightness thought it was all fixed but when I was checking to make sure all the lights where working now that light won't light up for running lights. :x Took it out and cleaned it again thinking maybe it would help but no go I think that I am better off just finding a new wire harness and trying that
By suspendedHatch
706josh wrote:If not the bulb, look for a short in your wires.

A short in the wire would cause the light to always be on. A short in the power side of the circuit would cause there to be no light at all. Shorts don't magically happen in factory wiring.

Once again, someone in the electrical forum blaming the ominous "short" w/out knowing what they're saying. Are you the same person? It isn't helpful.

The grounds for the taillights are on a ring terminal under the rear plastic in the trunk. But most likely it's the bulb, as someone suggested.
By RWMIII
#262165 I had a very similar issue with my driver side corner light, I ended up replacing the actual socket itself. Problem solved. I verified it by swapping sockets from one side to the other.
By Ajax1989
JohnAWESOME wrote:Hey so I finally got around to looking at the lights really good. Looks like the tail light used to hold water the buld socket was all rusty. I swapped lights from driver side to passanger and the same thing driver side was dim. I took out the wire harness and sanded and wire brushed out the bulb socket. Put it in and I had a good brightness thought it was all fixed but when I was checking to make sure all the lights where working now that light won't light up for running lights. :x Took it out and cleaned it again thinking maybe it would help but no go I think that I am better off just finding a new wire harness and trying that

so ur sayin its fixed but now ur running lights dont turn on??

check ur fueses 1st before replaceing harnesses and what not