ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By kingjmack
elrompetoto wrote:4 some resin my vtec seams 2 ingage twice at around 5500 Roma the light turns on a lil dim then at around 6200 rpm the light turns really brite.... Is this normal ?

Hmmm. That's definately different than mine. I'll have to investigate this.
By panch
kingjmack wrote:OK, back to the power wire for my vtec light. I had it hooked up to the green w/yellow wire on the ECU, and the light wouldn't come on while driving. I knew the light itself worked from where I checked it earlier.
I don't know why it wasn't working so I just ran the power out to the engine bay to get the signal right off the vtec solenoid.

I'll have to look into why it will only work this way because I think the way it's connected now isn't clean enough. Any suggestions?

Anyway, this is my very first DIY and I hope that at least one person finds it useful. Please ask any qustions or point out something that needs more explination.

The only money that was spent on this project was for the green folder and the clear label tape. Everything else I already had.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Hello ! Thank you for this DIY, I am going to install a vtec light like you but I don't have a srs light in my gauge. So I'll put it somewhere else but the main idea is here! I might have an explanation for the wire. At the vtec solenoid the wire is green with yellow stripe but the color change at a connector in the engine bay. The actual color which goes to the ECU is orange with white stripe. Maybe that's why it's not working with the green /yellow on the ECU.
By suspendedHatch
Hello ! Thank you for this DIY, I am going to install a vtec light like you but I don't have a srs light in my gauge. So I'll put it somewhere else but the main idea is here! I might have an explanation for the wire. At the vtec solenoid the wire is green with yellow stripe but the color change at a connector in the engine bay. The actual color which goes to the ECU is orange with white stripe. Maybe that's why it's not working with the green /yellow on the ECU.

:thumb:

http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring.obd1.htm

Great DIY. I love how you repurposed the circuit board.