ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By LaosToaster
#257399 im not sure if any one has tried it, but my car is manual with an auto integra cluster. i was just wondering how can i wire up anything ( kill switch for example) to light up when the circuit is complete( kill switch deactivated)
and when u turn on ur kill switch( open loop) the indicator lights turn off, telling u the kill switch is active. 8)
i was thinking if u have alot of kill switches( like i will one day) it would be a great reminder for u and convenient. one bad side i can think of is the extra wires will lead to ur kill switches unless hidden really well.

for example

P <------ Fuel Pump ights up when completing circuit(deactivating kill switch)
R<----- Relay kill
N <----- Clutch switch kill
D4 <----- Distributor kill
D3 <----- ignition kill
2 <------ etc
1 <------ etc

i tried to feed constant 12v volts to the clusters contacts for the lights but nothing worked.

i also had the cluster on and everything and then tried to feed 12 volts again and still nothing.

is there a certain way to get those damn lights to turn on without converting back to auto? lol :lol:

i kno someone knows please tell me what u guys think of this idea. i think its cool 8)
By LaosToaster
#257401 no just on the contacts. i have the gear select plug and pigtail and i feed 12 volts on the wire.

i should try feeding it to the bulbs i havent done that yet.
but wouldnt it work if i feed 12 volts at the plug's wires?? :?
By DontHateonEG8
LaosToaster wrote:no just on the contacts. i have the gear select plug and pigtail and i feed 12 volts on the wire.

i should try feeding it to the bulbs i havent done that yet.
but wouldnt it work if i feed 12 volts at the plug's wires?? :?

in theory it should. did you make sure you grounded off properly?
By LaosToaster
#257412 The solder joints do look worn out though, I will see if hard wiring the bulbs works, it might be the bulbs themselves too. I probably didn't have enough time to play with it its a matter of time til I solve it, thanks dude