ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By undeadone069
#256793 i just did a z6 swap on my 92 i want to hook up the v tec i have the new computer. i looked at teals mini me swap wich tells how. http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0 and i have the pin locations http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring/obd1 ... matics.gif
but still i havent found anything about how to actually put the wire into the ecu? can someone help me? i dont want to fry anything i just put out alot of money on this swap. :headscratch:
Last edited by undeadone069 on Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By forcefedEG
#256807 92 is pre wired to the shock tower all u have to do is pin it in from the shocktower to the engine harness side or use a oem z6 harness for plug and play
By undeadone069
#256849 k so my 92 sedan is wired 4 it? k i saw teal say the hatches was but ty ill try it. that will make it easier
By forcefedEG
#256856 From what I have read all 92 civic were. But I suppose like most things, its not set in stone but its worth a shot 8)
By teal_dx
#256975 99% sure it was only 92 hatches that were pre-wired for vtec up to the shock tower.

about 2/3 down this link explains how to remove the pins. You can pull some pins from a scrap harness and solder your new wires to them and then plug them right into the ecu harness :thumb:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=92
By undeadone069
#257051 ok mine is a 92 lx sedan. i pulled the wires from the computer. and if i was looking at it the right way mine is pre wired for v-tec to the shock tower. :?: if i was looking at it right for example on d there was wires in 1,2,4,and 6. but on 3 and 5 there was no wires. and the wire in slot 6 is like orange with a blue stripe.idk maybe someone before put a diff wireing harness in it? not sure. ok wout it be better to use but connecters at the shok tower to attatch the wires? or should i try to pull the pins from anotehr harness and use pins? i have another harness i could so it with but my friend kinda needs the harness to i need to try to save it if possible
By forcefedEG
#257058 The orange with blue stripe is for your oil pressure switch I think.... there should be a solid orange or orange with pink stripe I dont remember for sure and that one is for your vtec solenoid.... but why do you need but connectors if its pre wired :headscratch: I would recommend getting the pins from a spare harness if you need any so its a clean factory look :thumb: the easiest way to tell if its pre wired would be to grab the shock tower plug on the car side of it and between the three plugs there should be only one plug with a brown wire delete cap in it

Agin I hope this is some help
By 707eg6
#257065 orange/blue is vtec pressure swith,orange/white is vtec solenoid

number 6 on connector D is vetc pressure swith

number 4 on connector A is vtec solenoid
By undeadone069
#257071 got ya ill check in a sec. but i dont have the plugs from a harness so i will have to use but connecters there. and the vtec solenoid wire has the plug slipped off of it too. so i will use butt connecters there
By forcefedEG
707eg6 wrote:orange/blue is vtec pressure swith,orange/white is vtec solenoid

number 6 on connector D is vetc pressure swith

number 4 on connector A is vtec solenoid

That's it. I knew the orange and blue was the pressure switch, its been. While :lol:
By undeadone069
#257195 yea got it wired now i need my computer. ok new problem i know i need a p28 from what everyone says. but how do i tell that is for a automatic car. the guy i bought the first one from sold me a non v tec for a y7. i dont want to get fucked over i got to go up there and swap it and its like a hour and a half ride
By undeadone069
#257538 i went to where i bought my ecu he gave me this one. 37820-P06-A51 he insist that it came out if a 95 ex d16z6 . and acording to this site they are right but it doesnt say if its v tec or not http://www.autopart.com/ecc/ECC1992HONDACIVIC.htm he said a p28 either is chipped or came out of a prelude. i called a honda dealer and they said they have no way to tell which computer goes to what motor. help
By forcefedEG
#257617 Ok I have 3 p28 ecus at my house rite now 2 manual and one auto all the numbers are the same except for after the p28 number on the tag, the two manuals, one reads A01 and the other reads A02, I'm 100% sure there both manual oem ecus ones virgin and ones chipped , the auto ecu read A52 after the p28 numbers. Hope this helps I'd say the A0 is manual and a A5 is auto this could possibly be referring to a pin placement in the harness or something, I was told before there is a number on them to tell them apart and this is the only number that's different,

To back this up I have a ls ecu and a gsr ecu and a dx ecu that are all three manuals and they all have an A0 designation 8)