ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By asianrob
#256557 alright heres the deal
i was soldering the connections on my passenger side turn signal, i had it on to test it to see if it was working, I accidently touched the red and the green wires together, now my Turn signals, guages (they light up), and clock dont work. my hazards work, and everything else work.

what could be the problem?
and yes all the fuses are good.
By mooze
#256570 thats the only thing i can think of is the fuses...i did that with the reverse switch....had to use the mm to find out the fuse was actually blown didnt look like it was
By asianrob
#256571 which fuse did you look at? was it the back up fuse?

i got a feeling i might have to chase the wire from the fuse box :thumbdown:
By mooze
#256574 if im not mistaken it was one of the fuses under the hood...i cant remember off the top of my head.
By mooze
#256575 if you u have a dmm or test light us it to check for continuity at the fuses
By asianrob
#256577 aight ill try that when i get home.
By asianrob
#256655 fuses checked out good. i went to the connector under the dash. check the r/l turn signal and it lit up for a sec when the hazards where on
By mooze
#256723 i need to look at electrical diagram as im not around any civics right now...if u can find me one ill look over it
By asianrob
#256728 i can probably get you the pin out. for the cluster. best i could do at the moment
By mooze
#256729 ill find one..the pin out for the cluster isnt going to give me what i need
By asianrob
#256731 cool cool. ive been trying to search for one but aint no luck yet.
By deschlong
#256753 Check your 7.5A fuse under the HOOD (not dash). There's only one.

:x RULE #1: DON'T SOLDER WITH THE G.D. BATTERY CONNECTED. Or, at minimum, pull the appropriate fuse.
By RSuave
#256760 Anything electric with a honda is very touchy, the smallest mistake can ruin a lot of things, I touched my power to my ground once and had no idea what to do I brought it in and only costed me $20 to get it fixed. At the Honda dealer a Honda came in and tried to hook up an alarm system by themselves and costed them roughly $2,500 :o
By asianrob
deschlong wrote:Check your 7.5A fuse under the HOOD (not dash). There's only one.

:x RULE #1: DON'T SOLDER WITH THE G.D. BATTERY CONNECTED. Or, at minimum, pull the appropriate fuse.

ALL the fuses are good. and the back up fuse has power to it.
By asianrob
#258210 fixed :)