ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By LaosToaster
#250039 im just throwing this idea to see what everyone thinks. i was thinking about what if u used multiple switches and mounted them next to each other, but u flip a couple of them so the on button side is on the bottom and the off button is on top. something like this.

would there be any reasons why this wouldnt work or not?
and of course the switches will not be labeled on and off for the thieves or whatnot to figure it out.
but if u forget ur own combo ur fucked too. just remember the ones that are flipped and you'll be good
By Robbys89
#250042 its a good idea man more switches the better but of corse on to off is to simple maybe have on on of on off off if you get me with the od stray button wired up to activate the horn... just to get un wanted attention for the scum
By TrailerTrash
#250097 its kindof a good idea but yet at both ends of the switch panel there is a wire and all it would take to override those switches is to connect that wire together. so a pair of snips and some wire connectors later your rides gone
By {ikon}EM1
#250159 This will work if u know where all the toggles are at...

example: 3 kill switches all conected together but laid out throughout the car...
1. Under the dash
2. Near the e break
3. Fog light switch...

Just cut them on in that order and boom... u got urself a kill switch
By teal_dx
#250186 It would be better if they were spaced far apart, all throughout the car. Then it wouldn't be simple to bypass as mentioned above. I wouldn't rely on that as the only security measure though.
By LaosToaster
#250201 yea i think puttin them throughout the car would be better. im gonna be spending a good month doing all kinds of security, just tryin to think of new ones. like having a dummy main relay exposed but the real ones hidden and taped up in black electrical same, but right now its just dangling right beside my clutch pedal lol. same thing for the ecu.

i need an alarm bad lol
By {ikon}EM1
#250247 That's the main thing u need right now... little kill switches like that only stump the thief for just a little bit... the alarm will help out alot also with the right add ons like proximity sensor, tilt sensor, and hood/trunk pins...

And also the hood latch relocation wire will be a good idea along with a master lock to ur lock ur steering column where the knuckle joints are near the pedals are...

:thumb:
By FrAnKeNsTeIn
#250252 Three should be good,

I vote for random spots per teal. Something easy like the trunk release, dash and under the console.

Easy enough to where you don’t have to leave your seat, and get going quickly.

Post pics when you finish.
By LaosToaster
#250287 ehh i hate that my car is gutted. even the all the ac components/ radio/ cigarette lighter stuff is gone. only good spot is behind my cluster. hard to hide shit with a gutted eg lol.

i kno i shouldnt say where exactly but i have a kill switched installed where u needa *************** and its unreacheable by hand, or tool. i'll let the rest go to ur imagination.

and hell no im not taking pics lol that would give it away and theives have new hiding places to look for.

well i just did my tax return and have enough for a new alarm! :thumb:

any recommendations??
Last edited by LaosToaster on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#250330 I think you already said too much... I didn't quote so you can go back and edit your post.
Unfortunately with all the thieves out there to steal civics, it's not really safe to share your own custom security measures.
I've got some of my own but I won't be posting any DIY's for as long as I own my civic or it defeats the purpose.
It sucks we have to be paranoid but welcome to owning a modded civic. :roll:
By LaosToaster
#250333 lol just edited it.

but really my ultimate goal is to be able to be carefree, i kno this is something thats rare among us civic owners. im still paranoid leaving it in my garage all day, somethings not right if i feel like this lol.

i want to feel confident with my security :wink:
By {ikon}EM1
#250402 Go with a viper that has the one mile reach... and like I said b4 tilt and proximity sensors along with hood pins are add ons that u can put in that will help with the whole paranoid thing...

Quick release, kill switches, and other little things inside the car will help out a lot also... :thumb: