ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Eg6H2D
By teal_dx
Hondata Coil Pack Retrofit (CPR) - AVAILABLE IN JUNE!

Overview
The Hondata Coil Pack Retrofit (CPR) allows the use of 'coil on plug' individual ignition coils on engines with distributor based ignition systems (D, B, F and H series Honda engines). It does this by replacing the stock coil and ignition with an electronic circuit which can drive igniter type individual ignition coils, such as used on later model Honda engines. A Hondata S300 system is required.

How much does the Hondata CPR cost? $395 AVAILABLE IN JUNE! PRE-ORDER NOW!

What does the Hondata CDR come with?
The Hondata CPR comes with a wiring harness for your coil packs, a coil pack controller and fly leads for connecting to your distributor and ECU. The CPR is typically positioned next to the ECU inside the car.

Benefits
* More spark energy than a single coil, allowing a larger plug gap and fewer misfires.
* Individual coils are more durable and less likely to fail than the stock igniter and coil.
* No exposed plug leads results in less interference to other electronics on the vehicle.
* Additionally, the Coil Pack Retrofit can drive a CDI controller if desired.

Requirements
* Hondata S300 system (not included).
* 4 x coils, Honda part number 30520-PVF-A01 (approx $60 retail and not included)

Optional parts
* 4 x coil seals, Honda part number 30522-RNA-A01 (approx $19 retail)

These coil seals provide a tighter fit than those supplied with the 30520-PVF-A01 coils.
Notes
* Resistor plugs must be used.
* The coils require a method of retention. B16A, B18C & F22A engines may use the stock plug cover. Other engines require an alternative method of coil retention (not supplied).
* This is a race product. Cranking times may be increased over a stock ignition set up.
* For detailed installation instructions click here.

FAQ
- Can I remove the distributor?
No. It is needed for the timing signals. See the CPR help file for more details.

CDI
- The Coil Pack Retrofit can be used with capacitive discharge ignition systems, such as M&W Pro-14, Autronic 500R or Motec 41011. Note that a CDI controller must be used - the Coil Pack Retrofit will not drive capacitive coils directly.
The CDI controller will be triggered from the Coil Pack Retrofit coil trigger outputs. The Coil Pack Retrofit produces a rising edge trigger for the coil packs, so the CDI controller should be configured to use a rising edge trigger.

Does this sytem work with any other engine management?
NOT AT THIS TIME. At this time ONLY hondata s300 works with it.
"The S300 needs to output a synchronization signal to the coil driver."
The system communicates with the ALTC (alternator control) output.

This will be available in June but its ready for pre order today!

Awesome :woot:
By Eg6H2D
#249746 Sooooooooo excited about this!!!!! OMG!!!!! Are you hoping on the band wagon teal!1????
By outrider2400
#249749 for you guys more educated in mechanical stuff than I... what would be the advantage of spark coils over plugs? I know most modern engines run coils over wires, but i've never known why
By foxgearshift
#249764 how come they dont have it on their website???
By JUICE
outrider2400 wrote:for you guys more educated in mechanical stuff than I... what would be the advantage of spark coils over plugs? I know most modern engines run coils over wires, but i've never known why

* More spark energy than a single coil, allowing a larger plug gap and fewer misfires.
* Individual coils are more durable and less likely to fail than the stock igniter and coil.
* No exposed plug leads results in less interference to other electronics on the vehicle.
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:
outrider2400 wrote:for you guys more educated in mechanical stuff than I... what would be the advantage of spark coils over plugs? I know most modern engines run coils over wires, but i've never known why

:thumb: better for a more consistant spark and reliabilty. all hondas went over to coilpacks now for a reason. better spark!!!! :thumb: