ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By RSuave
#247633 I did a head gasket change on my B18A1 in my del sol and I was stupid and unplugged the tps sensor but when putting the engine back together I found out there are 2 tps sensors, both of them fit but only 1 of them works, there is no difference when i plug 1 of them in and the car is throwing a tps sensor code I, should i try each plug and reset the ecu each time? The kid that sold it to me said he had troubles with it to but he just had to keep switching them to see which one was right.
By mooze
#247766 2 tps??????????no
By cjw_89
#247790 what do you mean by only one works. What kinda car do you have. It would be real hard to tell if you had the 92 i would imagine,being the map is on the firewall. Best way is to look at your wiring length. If you got ample room on one and very little on the other you know it isnt right.Switch em reset ecu and try then
By RSuave
#248127 1 of the plugs is for OBD-1 and the other is OBD-2, the only difference is the wire colors but they both plug into the tps not sure which one is which.
By mooze
#248146 one is for the tps and one is for another sensor.....not obd1 or obd2.....if im not mistaken it goes to the iacv...i dont think u have the tps plugged in....take a picture of the manifold where we can see the tps and IACV
By RSuave
#248150 Fixed it I had the right one just had to reset the ecu.