ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By TOPIK3900
#245187 Ok so i have looked though this entire fourm without much luck.. Im wanting to put in a push button start, and also do away with my whole ignition switch all together. I was wondering if anyobne has done this before. I do have a rough idea of how to do it but i just want to make sure i have everything covered, all help ideas would be appreciated
By kamikaza
#245196 i hope this will be helpful. anyway you have to bypass from start position to new start button.
By TOPIK3900
#245200 it does help a little bit, but i am doing away with the whole ignition switch comepletely. i know im going to have to wire in another switch to turn the ignition on and off but am i going to need two for ign1 and ign 2 or do i just need to have one switch for ign1?
By kamikaza
#245207 i don't have manual here , but you'll need to rewire it like old one...you need same wires...you need them both ign1 and ign2!
By ImThaBean
#245237 You want to completely get rid of the turn key operation? So all someone has to do is break the door glass, push and go? This doesn't seem too bad if its a garage queen that only see's shows but not something that is around the public. But that's just me.

The EG's don't have the security measures (i.e. chipped keys synced with car security system) to do a push button without a secondary means (key)[/url]
By TOPIK3900
You want to completely get rid of the turn key operation? So all someone has to do is break the door glass, push and go? This doesn't seem too bad if its a garage queen that only see's shows but not something that is around the public. But that's just me.

The EG's don't have the security measures (i.e. chipped keys synced with car security system) to do a push button without a secondary means (key)[/url]

Thats exactly it.. it will be parked in a garage, it will not be for shows, im building a track car so all and any excess wieght no matter what it is, is being taken out.. there will be no convience systems at all. ive got all the other wiring figured out with the fuel, lights, wipers, etc. im just kinda stuck on this one
By 94EJ2
#245322 ive done this on 2 different efs but pretty much if your are going wth a track car with no stereo just elimnate the second switch with the WHT/BLK wire
By suspendedHatch
#245326 You need a high current switch bank like what they sell at summit. Cut the wires off the back of the ignition switch. You don't need accessory if you don't have a heater. You might as well run them all since you will have enough switches.

Just flip the switches on, hold the button until it's fully started.

I've made them pretty much plug in play by cutting harnesses from the junkyard.
Last edited by suspendedHatch on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TOPIK3900
#245333 That all there is what i needed.. thanks